• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

first setup need opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Big One

first setup need opinions - i have acsess to CNC

i gonna build myself a WC rig in order to keep my PC cool and silent
heres my choises:
pump - C-Systems CSP-MAG 12v Pump (1 or maybe even 2 )
rad - my own 60*30*3 CM (modified to 60*15*6) or a 120*2 heat core
blocks - my own desighn and build (view the pic in order to get the main idea)

what do u think?

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
I like it, but you should do some intense research on the CSP-MAG before you pop for it. Granted it's a corrected version of the first model but I'd wait to hear some in-service data on it. Don't forget to post pics of your work and good luck. :cool:

lol
i feel sory for all of u merid ones, i don't have a Mrs :)
but i have something worse , a mom.

i'm going for the mag becouse it small , and i need to sheep it to israel so...

Lol yeah, it bad enough she has to deal with my star wars geekness, but add my insatiable appetite for "tinkering" with computers in the mix and sometimes I fele liek I'm a 5 year old kid in a toy store with her..

"Put that back!"
"I said no!"
"You've already got a hyper uber super gigabyte thingamajiggy"
"Why on gods green earth do you need a blow torch?"
"I'm going to pretend my computer isn't on the dining room table and you are holding a saw"

LMAO "If you let me get a (fill in the blank) without chewing the side of my head off, I won't ask for anything else for (fill in the blank) months. (giggle)"

She falls for it every time, with a smile, that's one of the reasons I know I married the right women. :cool:

LoL, we moved abotu a month ago, and I was doing some "spring cleaning" on her PC (HP). It was all dirty and stuff, and I didn't liek the fact she only had oen case fan in it. So I tell her, hey, I'm going to add some fans, will keep your computer form slowing down (It was throtteling on her). Well, To this point she hadn't let me TOUCH her computer, so she says ok. LOL

She ran to the grocery store, she comes back this is what she see's

Her compuer completely apart, the case is up on the table, im standing there, with goggles on, my dremel in hand, there is a blow torch sitting next to the case, spools of wires, and part of her case (obviously cut out) laying on the floor... She freaked. I then had to explain that I had to move her hard drives into the top cage, and remove the lower cage, and open up the fan grates, and that i had decided to rewire her entire pc while i was there... She was like "WTF is the blow torch for!?!?!?" Gosh honey, do you want your cables sleeved or what? Shrink wrap babe, shrink wrap...

You said you wanted a "silent system". What fans do you plan on running on the rad? How many case fans?

I am assuming that the horizontal lines in your pictures are fins of some sort right? It that is the case the that block would probably work pretty well.

Good luck on your system,
Bryan D.

me rad is huge , as i sad 60*30*3 CM!!! on fans on him
and i plan to use 2 120 undervolted fans in my case

Perseus said:
Spam, huh? There's more to life than water-cooling and for the sake of peace, leave the moderating to the mods.
Works for me. Ppl ppl, no spam.

He started the thread for a reason, funny wife/gf stories was not it.

Back