• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Mobo to get for Celeron 1,2GHz FCPGA2???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi guys,

like stated above, I'd like to upgrade to the new Celeron 1,2GHz with Tualatin core soon, but as you see in my signature I still have a BX board. So what would you buy?? Would you get a new Motherboard like for example the Abit ST6(E) or would you wait for the Powerleap Converter Card??

Thanks

Ingo

Hi Celemine1Gig,
well, all depends by your budget, I suppose that a PowerLeap is more cheaper than a Mobo, but if you plan to replace Mobo & Chip, consider an AMD TB1.2Ghz, is much more stronger than a Cellie, even if of the newest Tulatin series :)

P.S. you can consider also an Asus Tusl2-C.

Last edited:
No way, I'll buy an AMD CPU!! I'll probably buy the Abit ST6 and the Celeron Tualatin 1,2GHz and overclock it to 1,5GHz+ so that it'll crush those T-Birds concerning performance. And by the way, those Athlons are much too fragile for me, as I keep on changing heatsinks all the time.

But thanks!! Perhaps I'll only buy the Powerleap Converter Card, we'll see.

Back