• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The OC Forums HDA Mystique 7.1 Gold Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Game support:

I am mostly refering to a bug that was introduced with the updated drivers in World of Warcraft as I posted further up. Basically, nasty popping sounds while trying to play environmental effects. Reverting to the original drivers solved the problem. I have also read that BattleField 2 will only run in 2 channel sound and a few other games have "this" and "that" problems. Nothing that a driver update wont solve. :)

Resolution: better seperation of the sound reproduction and enhances spacial support (AKA mix the center sounds and enhance the rear sounds w/ effects)

Granted since I AM running the original drivers due to the WoW problem, many of the other problem could have already been resolved. I am just hopeing like many others that with each driver update, a driver update just makes it all "sound" better :)

No, i still get the popping with DVD playback.

I thought it was a software problem, but I think it's a combination of software and my amplifier.
I had the popping with my old Audigy card and it seemed to get worse with the Mystique, so it has to be the amplifier...
I'm still in the market for a 7.1 amp... for around €150. Second hand preferabley on eBay, my second home :p .

:)

Dead thread revival....

Anyone have any more details about a drive update for this card?

The last postings I have gotten from Google search was that the driver was dealyed due at the last minute for extended testing...

I'm interested in thsi as well! Will they be fixing the FarCry 5.1 sound issue to? Maybe EAX3 support? ;) (hey, one can dream -- for CoD2).

No details as to fixes/functions....

I just did a Google search for the card and drives and found another forum where a guy emailed support and they told him that they were going to release a new driver at the end of August but got held back at the last minute for extended testing.

Wish I did have more information :D

Well, I checked out Hidiaudio.com and they have another footnote under their Download Driver section.........they appologise for the delay of the drivers and are now claiming that the next release will be the beginning of October.

We shall see.

Anyone have any experience with this card in Vista yet?

I just installed Ultimate Edition and it seems to have drivers for the Mystique, with the control panel and all. Yet it won't play the sample 5.1 positioning music when I click the button, and sound doesn't seem to position well in Counter-strike: Source.

The Mystique folks don't seem to have a driver in the pipeline either...

any one notice the newer drivers make the sound more ****ter ? so far i tried all and the "5_12_1_46_4_32BIT" one had the best quality over 2x better then the new driver

Hmm, has anyone installed the above mentioned drivers yet with Vista?

I have, and I can only get stereo sound, its really annoying :bang head .

All the options are available, Dolby Digital Live, PCM, SPIDF loopback etc, but when I enable Dolby Digital Live, I only get stereo!

I've had this software for years with XP so I know it inside out, but it refuses to give 6 channels in games, movies or music.

If i stick in a DVD I get full DD 5.1, but only with DVDs. All Windows based sounds are in stereo.

If I go to the Vista sound options, and test the speakers, a test sound comes out of all speakers, so thats fine. Yet I only get 2 channels in playback of music and games etc.

In the sound properties, there is "Speakers" and "Digital Output":

myst1.jpg

It makes no difference which one is set to default, and I only get a test sound out of all 6 speakers if I test the Speakers option. Right clicking on the Digital Output and testing it gives only 2 test tones in stereo.

Arghhhh, any ideas?!

Thanks folks. :)

Back