• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ultra-DMA Mode 2 ( 33.3 MB/sec ). would it slow me down?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

guok7

Registered
Do yall think an Ultra-DMA Mode 2 ( 33.3 MB/sec )
DVD-ROM would slow me down alot in games like halo,bf2 or what do you think? (its a lite-on) Thanks

No, I beleive only hard drives require higher, most optical drives come retail with a 40 conductor cable and not an 80. No optical drive I have ever seen can put out 33MB/s sustained.

i think that answered my question. anyways i was confusing it with those 133mb/s hdd. I'm getting one on ebay for $20. thanks

no drive can even run at 133mb/s the actual speeds are in the 60s, no matter the drive(this is for Hard drives mostly). The time where you might see a slowdown is when copying a CD to your hard drive/installing from a CD. As for halo and bf2, the CD is jsut there for authentication. It doesnt really read anything from the disk so the speed is not an issue there.

And btw Welcome to the forums! :welcome:

Back