• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3000+ venice stuck @ 2.52

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
icemanjs said:
yoshpop how did u do a 6:5 divider on the board u have?
Alright just got back in from a little vacation. The 6:5 divider is 200cpu/166mem. I'm gonna do the 18 hour burn-in tonight and see if that helps. If that doesn't do anything I'm gonna try a new psu.

does the live update software work for msi bios updates?i am still lost on what settings to change on the same msi board yosh..i have ram timings 2-2-2-5-2t...what settings do u have so i can try those on my system...could u email me your setup changes would be helpfull..i am on bios 1.5...
email is [email protected]

thanks

what about voltages and stuff i heard power supplys can hold u back to is that true..read somewhere that for msi boards if u wana oc u have to use sata drive slots 3,4 instead of 1,2..adriana my ram is corsair 1024 twinxpro xl timings 2-2-2-5-2t...what vcore should i go to?what ht setting and what is a memo divider and wheres it under..should u update my biox to 1.08 and if so does the auto update stuff work?u can email me to its above column

i can only get my amd 3500 @2.35ghz..have ht at 4x fsn is 230 multiplyer is 10x..mem voltage is 2.75 timings are 3-3-5-5 1t..i have tried adjusting the settings on thr fsb to 250 then i get it locking up..my mem divider is set to auto what vcore voltage should i use..is 1.08 bios needed?

icemanjs said:
i can only get my amd 3500 @2.35ghz..have ht at 4x fsn is 230 multiplyer is 10x..mem voltage is 2.75 timings are 3-3-5-5 1t..i have tried adjusting the settings on thr fsb to 250 then i get it locking up..my mem divider is set to auto what vcore voltage should i use..is 1.08 bios needed?
Slow down there Ice. First off stay with stock volts till you get the max out of it. Second, post your rig in your signature so we can see what you are working with. Next, what kind of ram do you have? By running auto on mem divider you are running at 1:1, which means when you set it for 250 that's how fast your ram is going. Also, download a copy of memtest86 and make a memtest boot disk. That way you can test ram speeds without worrying about corrupting windows. Lastly, take it up in slow increments. Overclocking isn't a race. Getting to crazy with it is a prescription for problems.
Oh, and yes the MSI live update will do a good job of updating the bios (have a floppy handy to back up the old one). SATA connectors 3&4 are the ones to use (they are next to the cpu) This will give you some pointers.
http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=46730
Good luck.

icemanjs said:
ok hopefully got all the specs down
Okay Ice, your ram can't handle those timings at that overclock. You need to try and loosen the timings to 2.5-3-3-7 and see if that helps.

will moving my sata drives from 1,2 to 3,4 just be a straight swap or do i need to do anything else?

Definetly relax the ram timings my corsair xms pc3200xl which is the same as yours without the pro heat spreaders, I couldn't get close to 250 with stock timings but I saw reviews and they said 2.5-3-3-7 works wonders for 250 and what do you know I am rock solid stable at those timings and htt.

Straight swap should be fine. Make sure that you have it enabled in the BIOS, which it probably is by default.

Yea definately get off the SATA 1/2 ports. For my memory timings I'm running my GeiL DDR500 @ 2.5-3-3-6 1T 2.85v. I did use the MSI LiveUpdate to update my bios to 1.8, so the program does work. To get the 5:6 divider just set your max memory spd to 166 and just up your cpu fsb to w/e. Also lower your HT to 3x instead of 4x

illskills719 said:
whats moving your SATA drives have to do with OCing?
SATA controllers 3 and 4 are locked at the speed of the AGP/PCI bus. (The ASP speed should be set at 66) This means that your hard drive will not get corrupted as it won't be overclocked.

Last edited:
Alright I'm gonna sit and wait for my OCZ ModStream 520 and Freezer64 to come in.

EDIT: After diliberation I cancelled the order of the ModStream520 due to the low +12v levels (28A) which imposes a problem since I am a serious OC'er and need a strong psu for future upgrades, so I picked up a PowerStream520.

Last edited:
hitechjb1 said:
Your current MSI Neo uses 20-pin connector, the Fortron AX500A has 24-20 adapter and the Antec has direct, deteachable 20-pin power connector to fit the MSI Neo board.

Hey hitechjb1, I just recieved a AX-500 from ewiz about a week ago and they no longer provide an 24 to 20 pin adaptor. They now use 20+4 pin mobo power connector.

Travis Dawes said:
Hey hitechjb1, I just recieved a AX-500 from ewiz about a week ago and they no longer provide an 24 to 20 pin adaptor. They now use 20+4 pin mobo power connector.

Thanks for pointing out that the Blue Storm has moved from using the 20-24 pin adaptor to the direct, detachable one. Most PSU's with 24-pin power connector are now doing this way to fit motherboards with 20- or 24-pin power connector.

I think the direct, detachable 20+4 pin connector is a better way for high current carrying connections.

Last edited:
Back