• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 939 agp board?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

I will be getting a 3200+ or 3500+ venice soon, so I figured it's about that time to find out what board to get. I want a 939 agp board. I've been out of oc'ing for awhile now, so I dunno which ones are seen as good and which ones are seen as bad.

So which ones do you guys recommend? Is there any board that is the nf7-s of a64 boards? (like EVERYONE has them because they are looked at as the best)

Also, nforce3 or k8t800?

Thanks for your help! I tried to search for awhile, but I found most people were asking about how to fix problems...

Last edited:
Well, people come to forums with problems and there is no perfect mobo out there. First, for overclpcking nf3's are the kings of the hill. Secondly, DFI has just come out with a new one which has more to offer overclockers than the others. It is still teething, as I have heard about some problems needing to be addressed with a new bios. That having been said, DFI seems to be the best liked board on this forum. The second choice would be the Epox 9nda3+. This board does not offer very high vdimm nor will it take an OCZ booster, but if you use a tccd chip ram it doesn't matter. Bottom line for me is if I were choosing, I'd go with the DFI. I am certain that the teething issues will be resolved.

Last edited:
rseven said:
Well, people come to forums with problems and there is no perfect mobo out there. First, for overclpcking nf3's are the kings of the hill. Secondly, DFI has just come out with a new one which has more to offer overclockers than the others. It is still teething, as I have heard about some problems needing to be addressed with a new bios. That having been said, DFI seems to be the best liked board on this forum. The second choice would be the Epox 9nda3+. This board does not offer bery high vdimm nor will it take an OCZ booster, but if you use a tccd chip ram it doesn't matter. Bottom line for me is if I were choosing, I'd go with the DFI. I am certain that the teething issues will be resolved.
Took the word right out of my mouth.

iLLestOne said:
Oh I wasn't complaining that most posts were questions/problems. I was just saying that i DID search before posting :)

Is this the new mb ur talking about?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136161
and this is the older one, right
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136147

I'll be using the same ram I have now, mushkin 3500 black lvl2
I didn't think you were complaining. It's always good to do you homework. (I still owe some from second grade) Yes, you have it right on those DFI mobos.

Epox 9NDA3+ is an awesome board with nice overclocking ability, except it doesn't have the voltage options the DFI may have on the ram, as the voltage only goes up to 2.8V for VDimm but a small pot and some soldering can fix that ;). I have this board and absolutely love it, it's stable, and has enough overclocking features for someone who isn't too hardcore with stuff like Vapochill. Btw this uses the Nforce 3 chipset, that's the only way I would go if I were yourself.

Back