• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

look how i suck at case wiring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

i cannot for the life of me clean up my wiring .. the dfi sli board has 4 power connectors .. its just a PITA .. pls help me :bang head

Attachments

• DSC00474.JPG
    DSC00474.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 254
if you can bunch some of them together, it won't look so bad. 1 set of wires together is neater than 10 separate, imo.

If you don't mind cutting holes, you could probably make it look real nice. I dont' know if you're willing to do that or not.

If you could get some heat shrink tape and bundle them together to make it look like 1 wire, that should work well

[edit]

Also if you can get some of those wires behind the mobo backing, it makes a BIG difference

LOL, that actually looks good to me :p. Guess that speaks highly of my wire organizing abilities.

Its those damn power wires that get you every time.

#1, bundle all the power wires that go from the PSU to the motherboard. Route them against the top of the psu, then the back of the case, then to the hole in the case, then run them to the appropriate spots.

the rest of the wires (S-ATA and IDE wires) run together. I see a LOT of wires running from the top to the bottom where the HDDs are. bunch them together, then run them to the side of the drive bay.

other than that, everything looks good :D

Its really not that bad. Just grab a whole bunch of cable ties like I did.

IMG_2005.jpg

enduro said:
Here's what I did in my rig:

case4.jpg

electrical tape is your friend :santa: I did somewhat the same thing.

Some tips personally are. try to run as much wires behind the motherboard, and underneath the motherboard as possible. Also try to use as few wires as possible. Only use wires that you need. Try to run as few as possible power wires. And instead of running all your wires through the little hole @ the bottom of the case try to run as many as possible behind the the back, thus hiding a lot more wires.

i remember when my cables where a crazy hectic mess :) i just thought id show off the stealthfullness of my set up, kind of a before and after shot :beer: electrical tape is my friend lol

Well sorting wires makes it look better if it has a window..........if you don't have a window and you have a server case............no point really. It's mainly for looks and temps if you have a smaller case or a window.

its also to make the air flow thru smoother or wutever for better case airflow

Back