• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI nF4 LP 7/4 new beta BIOS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

windwithme

1 . Fix sometimes system will hangup during post if dram speed > 200mhz is selected
2 . Fix PS2 Mouse can not work if the PS2 Keyboard is not installed
3 . Fix System will fail to post when dram timing set to all auto but dram speed > 200mhz setting used
4 . Fix the DRAM speed > 200mhz still show up if D or previous version of CPU installed

7/04-1

7/04-2

7/04-3

thanks OSKAR :)

The 7/04-1 bios is flash friendly, and appears to be more stable for me than the 5/10-1 and 6/18-3 variants.

deception``

I was hesitent to try the 7/02 Alpha, but this one i think i'll give this a shot to. Thanks for the heads up WWM.

Hey, I just wonder will DFI ever release a full version other than betas. As i've had issue's with all beta's apart from the official 310.

There is a newer release version. I think it is 623, but that's just from memory.

CJ

I bet they will release a new final version soon. This version seems to have made some good progress.

Due to the a mistake made in 7/04 beta bios , do not use

'Above VID * 123%'
'Above VID * 126%'
'Above VID * 133%'
'Above VID * 136%'

option under "CPU VID Special Control"

The bios may have chance to set wrong vcore voltage under certain circumstances ...

If the cpu can not handle the wrong core voltage , it may be damaged ..

This problem has only been found in 7/04 bios and 'Above VID * 123%' , 'Above VID * 126%' , 'Above VID * 133%' , 'Above VID * 136%' are used ... If you did not use the 4 settings , it will be ok you if still want to use 7/04 bios ...

Please help me to remove this bios around the internet ...

I apologize for the this mistak

Which of the three verions is the most TCCD/TCC5 friendly?

Also did anyone test these with TCCD/TCC5 and were the results better then with previous BETA's.

windwithme said:
Due to the a mistake made in 7/04 beta bios , do not use

'Above VID * 123%'
'Above VID * 126%'
'Above VID * 133%'
'Above VID * 136%'

option under "CPU VID Special Control"

The bios may have chance to set wrong vcore voltage under certain circumstances ...

If the cpu can not handle the wrong core voltage , it may be damaged ..

This problem has only been found in 7/04 bios and 'Above VID * 123%' , 'Above VID * 126%' , 'Above VID * 133%' , 'Above VID * 136%' are used ... If you did not use the 4 settings , it will be ok you if still want to use 7/04 bios ...

Please help me to remove this bios around the internet ...

I apologize for the this mistak
He removed the BIOS because of the error. If you still want to use it you can find it here. Just make sure not to use the above settings or you could fry your processor.

I'd just like to confirm that this bios has OFFICIALLY killed my 3000+ Venice. It began with a series of strange reboots, which caused me to revert to a number of different bioses. Over the course of the past several days, I have swapped from bios to bios as the reboots become more frequent. Now, I have seen a few BSODS and even some artifacts during POSTING. The processor will post, but it barely stays in windows for more than a few minutes. I believe that me running 1.3v + 110% caused an issue with my processor as described. I'm not here to flame DFI, as I chose to use the bios at my own risk. However, I do want to warn people NOT TO TRY THIS BIOS!

deception``

Thanks for sharing. When i flashed it back on the forth i didn't POST at all, at that point i knew this BIOS wasn't for me and flashed right back to 6/23 which has been trusty for me so far. I wouldn't reccomend people trying this BIOS either based on what happened to me. I appriciate Oskar's hard work, and putting these BIOS' out there for us, but just not this time.

been 2.5 weeks and all is well in my camp. BUT, I am NOT using the aformentioned aspects of the bios to set my running voltages.

But, very scary to think what might have happened if I had.

O.

Ive had trouble running dual channel on my SLI-DR ever since I bought it. The only bios's that let me run in Dual Channel (usually fails to post, or I get 3 leds and BEEEEEP BEEEEEEEP) are the 6/23 and this one in this thread, so far, I havnt had problems with the 7/04-2's, but I havt started oc'ing with this bios yet. the 6/23 didnt work when I set voltage to 3.0 or higher (Gold VX PC4000) and I would get memtest errors with anything less. The 7/04-2 (for Bh, CH) seem to be doing great and Im running 3.2v @ 2-2-2-8 with stock bus speeds, memtest 100% pass. Im afraid to start overclocking it because Ive had so much trouble getting this board stable, and Ive finally found everyhitng sweet spots to go for days without a bsod or reboot.

Sucka, I see that your using the same RAM as me, so if you had these problems as well with getting Dual Channel to allow posting, please help me out here and if you dont mind, gimme some settings that you think are stable for an overclock (250*11'ish) im all air right now, but plenty of it at that. Thanks, Im rambling so I may need to edit this a little :) :rolleyes:

Back