• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Voltage Mod!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

I am going to vcore mod my ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe today and I will let everyone know whether it actually works or not. To volt mod, I am going to ground all 4 VID pins to force maximum voltage which should be 1.66v but we'll see.

OC-Master

The Voltage mod was a success! Before the voltage mod, the maximum voltage I could receive with a 90nm CPU was 1.58v using the 1012 bios. Now after the voltage mod, we see the difference!

IMO, I do not recommend this mod to anyone unless your willing to throw away your board if you burn off one of the contacts while soldering.

But in the end, here is my result,

OC-Master

Attachments

• new poses 05 006.jpg
    new poses 05 006.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 525
  • voltage.jpg
    voltage.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,985
when you gounded the pins did you just join all together and ground or
place a wire on each?

ps well done any pic's of the job

baz

bazx said:
when you gounded the pins did you just join all together and ground or
place a wire on each?

ps well done any pic's of the job

baz

To avoid a short you should ground each pin using a seperate wire. I soldered each end of the wires to the CHASIS FAN fan connector located not far away from the mod job. After the job, I performed many tests using the multimeter and finally threw on some super glue to make the job permanent!

OC-Master

OC-Master said:
To avoid a short you should ground each pin using a seperate wire. I soldered each end of the wires to the CHASIS FAN fan connector located not far away from the mod job. After the job, I performed many tests using the multimeter and finally threw on some super glue to make the job permanent!

OC-Master

just to let you know, soldering them all to ground, whether you use the same fan ground point or not essentially shorts them all to the same point anyways.
More wires look cooler though :D

hi there, got the a8n sli se with the 1302 premium bios. but the highest voltage i can reach with cpu 3700+ san diego is 1.5. its actually the highest voltage i can set in the bios. there is no higher one. the problem is, im not really able to understand your v-mod on the a8n. do you`ve got pictures showing any wires soldered on a point to another one? or can you explain it a bit more exactly so that stupid people like me can understand it? :) would be really cool if you can do this

Back