• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini-dv firewire capturing software?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryufreak

I have a Panasonic PV-DV103, and I can't seem to find some software that is compatible with it? I have the dfi ultra-d onboard firewire, i have the cable (it fits in the holes..I figure it works), but i can't seem to get it to be detected. I have no idea if I need drivers for this camera or not, I can't find crap on drivers, only for this Photo capturing thingy, which i already have installed. Anyone have any good software that'll detect this?

Windows does not provide drivers for DV camera, only DV video editing software can identify DV camcorders.

okay i just tried replacing my firewire cable, no go, i tried a few demo software, no go, windows encoder (i think that replace windows movie maker) doesn't recognize anything, i'm thinking it's my dfi board that won't recognize it...

Back