• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ ModStream 520 $79 shipped after MIR @ Monarch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yoshpop

$94 shipped using free fedex shipping and then the $15 mail in makes it $79 for an OCZ ModStream 520.

EDIT: Also on my order I noticed I got fedex 2 day instead of ground, so if you're looking for a new psu this deal could be pretty crucial

Last edited:
modular cables, 3 year warranty, as good I think as the powerstream, others will disagree, rock solid rails, as you can see with my OC in my sig

dicecca112 said:
modular cables, 3 year warranty, as good I think as the powerstream, others will disagree, rock solid rails, as you can see with my OC in my sig

There is no way this is as good as a PowerStream. +12v rail isn't as stable and lacks the 33amps.

dicecca112 said:
Have you used one?
I'm definately not knocking this psu at all. I ordered this psu last night until I cancelled it and bumped up to the PowerStream. I figured if I'm gonna spend $94 for a psu I might as well get the next one up and have a psu I won't hafta upgrade for a few years. Besides I need the extra 5a on the 12v rail.

What's the diff between the power and the modstream, the POTs?

I'm gonna guess: the powerstream has exterior POTs, and the modstream has internal... just a guess...

**EDIT**
Okay, checking at the egg the modstream is single fan, not dual, and has 26A on the +12V as opposed to the 33A on the powerstream.
I actually like the modstream better b/c it has detachable wiring! WTF, how come my $200 600watt powerstream doesn't have that? You know... some companies make no sense. A higher-end model that costs much more and has more power loses the conveniency that the lesser model has... STUPID!

Last edited:
That wasn't my point, guy.... my point was that the higher quality ends up losing that detacheable wiring conveniency.

Still a pretty expensive PSU..I ran my A64 NC 754 with piece of crap Antec SL350 OCed to 2.5ghz 24/7 for 8 months and nothing went wrong on me....it works like a charm..the PSU came with my case too..

Back