• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Mobo 4 Celly 566MHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sycotoad

Registered
Hello people..........

Due to an unfortunate accident I have been left with a fryed board (Abit BX6 Rev2). I am wanting to purchase the latest and greatest board there is currently on the market that will do what my old board did and then some.

All advice, knowledge and wisdom will be appreciated.......

Thank you:)

If you're going to do the old Celeron 566 OCed to 850+, then you really don't need the latest and greatest. A replacement BX6 would work just fine; I've seen em for $60 brand new. If you do want a really cool new board though, you can't go wrong with an ASUS CUSL2. I have one, no problems so far at all.

If you are getting a new board, get one that supports the Tualatin to give yourself some more options. Maybe the TUSL2 would be worth a gander. I agree on an old BX socket 370 board being a good choice though if you want to save some cash.

I still have my Abit SE6 motherboard that I used to have my Celeron 566 on. I was able to run this combo at 978 MHz. If you're interested in this board, email me privately.

I've got my 566@952 on the asus p2b-f and it's rock solid. To me, celeron and any of the bx boards equals a pretty good sucess rate.

sycotoad, how ya doin' ??
What'd ya do to that sweet old board??
Well, if you're going to go new....like William said, might as well get T support. I've heard some really good things about the Iwill BD133u. Good performer and all the tweakage you want :D

Last edited:
Back