• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does old style maze 4 interfere?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chris64

Disabled
Does the old style maze 4 GPU block for 9800 pro interfere with very very tall ramsinks or does it angle so the water lines dont run over the memory? I am about to purchase one and would like to be sure.

THanks guys

yeah it goes right over two memory chip, giving you enough clearance for smaller heatsinks, depending on tubing thickness and hose clamps.

The OCZ ram sinks that DD sells go perfectly with the Maze 4.

The thing to remember though is to be careful when securing worm drive hose clamps that you don't knock aroudn the ram sinks and possibly knock one loose.

PICT0010.jpg

This is why i was wondering. They are pretty tall.

Those look way too tall. I would just remove them and get some of the OCZ sinks.

FYI: take the card out, fill a tupperware dish or somthing big enough to put the card in with rubbing alcohol, and let it soak for a bit and those sinks should come right off.

Or you can use the freezer method & then carefully pop the sinks off. I would try Jas's method first though. Sometimes the freezer method can bring death to a card with BGA memory if done improperly.

There held on with super glue on the corners with AS5 on the center.

Back