• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

has anyone tried these water blocks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its alright (better than air) but not all that good. A better option would be a Maze4 GPU. iirc the Zalman block is aluminum which is a problem for some people.

i have used the Maze before. i just sold one actually. For some reason every 6800 card i have had did not like the Maze4. And i am going to go with the aquarius pump that i have from the first water cooling set up i had. I just need to cool off my video card. It is hot and i can not run it maxed out yet because of the temps. So i am looking for a small water block and this one caught my eye.

Lotec

i dont know. I have a few ideas why but nothing for sure. I never got good contact with the core. I burnt up one 6800 tried it on the next one and it craped the bed. It would get hot. Only thing i can think of is the tubbing i was using it was stiff and i think it put to much stress on the front of the block pushing it down and away from the core.

Lotec

if you had problems with the maze4 you're gonna rip that little POS right off the core. i suggest you find some better tubing, I would recommend masterkleer 7/16" ID from mcmaster.com it's very cheap.

I have that block for my Ati All-in-Wonder 9600 Pro and it is alright. It's basically a big aluminum block with a hole through the middle.
mini-100_0706.jpg

Doesn't restrict flow any but the ends of it were designed more for 3/8 in. tubing. I used 1/2 inch by clamping the worm drive clamps I bought at ACE down really far and so far I've had no leaks. Also, the way you have to route your tubing is kind of a mess for my setup.
mini-100_0731.jpg

I can tell to the touch that the card is a bit cooler than what it was with the fan on it but I really would consider another block if possible. For $15 though, it's not too bad of a deal but there definately are better performing blocks out there. Unfortunately for me, this was my only choice as this seems to be the only block that will fit on the All-in-Wonder cards.

Fighter,

i actually had the 4 screw version of the Maze4 and still had the problem. What are some other decent blocks out there to use for Graphix cooling? The only reason i picked that one was the ease of use and i am only going to run 1/4 tubbing

Lotec

Back