• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on Sempron 3100+ stepping? Is it a paris or palmero

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

SDA3100AIP3AX
CBAEC 0426VPMW
1007823H40086

What is the overclocking potential of this chip? Is this 90nm or 130

hmm, gonna say probably 2.5 or 2.6ghz, your gonna hafta give it like 1.65v, and its 130nm, meaning it will be pretty hot, its gonna need some good cooling, it will oc very nicely though.

Well if you want to know what that cpu is download CPU-Z (google it) and it will tell you what core it has and if it is 130 or 90nm.

From that partnumber i would say it is either a paris or palermo core and i think the max oc for that might be 2.7 or less.

thanks for replies guys, I do not want to open the box it is sealed and I have an offer to sell it as I do not really need it. I got it with another S754 chip and FX53 , I had to buy all 3 for the deal.

Actually having now read about the S754 Semprons I would gladly sell my FX53 and use a Sempron 3100 on a good NF3 board, the results these chips get is awesome

Last edited:
whats the other s754 chip that you have? just curious. and with that 130nm sempron and a VNF3-250 for 55 bucks, you might have really good luck at hitting like 2.5-2.6ghz, depending on how much love that chip wants to show.

The other chip is a S754 A643000, and yeah I was exactly thinking of a VNF3 250. I was blown away when I saw the scores the 3100+ is getting against 4000+ chips OMFG

sell an FX53? for a sempron? are you mad?

thats like selling your chevy corvette so you can drive a dodge neon. :)

i own the 2800+ sempron s754 and its a rather decent chip.
in some benchmarks with comparing it to a FX53 at same mhz it ties in the score.
but these are benchmarks and in no way means its as good.just that in some areas its as good is all i see.
the best benchmark ive seen run to show exampels to shows realy good diffearnaces is superpi 32m.we have the thread here somewhere and i run my s754 sempron in it many time.
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=372246
mine beat many winchesters and newcastles but this is due to the cpu running within 3-5% effectiveness of the better chips and the way i was able to beat them was tweaking my memory timings.

even tho my cpu shows great benchmark results i could be getting much better results with a better cpu,which im doing as i have a clawhammer coming tomorow.

its a good budget cpu and shouldnt be shunned,but the cache limitations do hurt it at many things.

also amd announced a couple of days ago that sempron from 2600 to 3300 socket 754 will have 64 bit support

Back