• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dreaming of a P4 2.4 OC system ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Abit mobos usually undervolt a little. An earlier post stated that vcore was set at 1.55v in the BIOS, but if you look at the CPU-Z screenshot it shows 1.47v, so it's undervolting by 0.08v which is typical.

should I crank it up too 1.6v ?

It seems to run everything fine, ran memtest86, prime95 for 2 hours (I know thats not long enough) Ran Super PI on 32m 3 times now, no errors so far.

I was thinking of lowering the agp voltage & see if it would stay stable

The Abit mobos typically undervolt, but they undervolt across the board. Asus will sometimes overvolt at idle and then usually droop under load.

The Zalman is a decent cooler if you want quiet, but there are better heatdinks if you are going to push your O/C and want better cooling, like the Thermaltake XP-90.

I would not raise vcore unless you are unstable. That will raise temps and you don't want that right now. Sure, try dropping the AGP voltage down a notch and see what happens.

Nope. Undervolting means the measured vcore consistently runs less than what the BIOS is set at, however, voltage droop, means idle is one voltage, but it droops lower under load.

Ive been monitoring the vcore voltage It cycles between these three voltages within 15 seconds.

PSU is an Antec 430w

I have 5 drives 2xsata, 2xata133 cdrom & dvdburner might be time for a psu new fortron 500w soon.

Abit mobos normally have a little voltage fluctuation, but it can't hurt and will often help if you upgrade to a better power supply.

Back