• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's your OC for 3000+ 0517 venice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
CanadianTSi said:
You should be able to get more, 15's and 17's are pretty much the 2 best weeks out there.
Yea I should be too but prime95 fails within 30minutes of anything higher than 9x280 @ 1.5v. I dunno if it's because my neo2 platinum is refurbished.

If you haven't done so, you need to find out what is the limiting factor, mainly CPU or memory.

At least for testing, set a memory_HTT_ratio of 2:3 (aka max_memory_freq = 166 MHz wrt to 200 MHz). With a CPU multiplier of 9, the CPU will set the memory divider to 11, i.e.

memory_frequency = CPU_frequency / 11

Memory is then running at a much lower frequency, allowing you to push the CPU frequency as much as possible without the memory constraints.

E.g.

HTT = 280 MHz
CPU_multiplier = 9
CPU_frequency = 280 x 9 = 2520 MHz
memory_frequency = 2520 / 11 = 229.1 MHz

HTT = 300 MHz
CPU_multiplier = 9
CPU_frequency = 300 x 9 = 2700 MHz
memory_frequency = 2700 / 11 = 245.5 MHz

etc

Overclocking setting for various bus frequencies (post 8)

Last edited:
Superjed said:
How many volts can we put through these things safely?

ive been wondering this myself, as what AMD tells us about 'absolute max' readings dont seem to be right.. like the 75C (or was it 60C?) 'max' die temp.. which is weird, because ive seen my mates winny quite happily get to 129C before it will thermal shutdown.. turn the fan off and on periodically, and itll run quite happily at 120C constant..so maybe the max volts could be different too... im wanting to volt my week 16 venice 3000+ some more (1.57atm), but am worried that AMD will get it right :p

Careface*

So, we should keep it under 1,6v and about 55c load?

Also, I only see my 4 letter code (BPEW) with two 3200's over at XS. Kinda wierd, seeing I have a 3000.

Back