• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Venice 3000+, AGP motherboard headon, you decide

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think i fixed the link. Sorry, I was comparing to the wrong DFI. Now it is 939 vs 939.

I have been doing the same research. The DFI is very buggy right now. The DFI forum (DFI street) has a >130pg thread about it. There are alot of problems with the BIOS, so they are still working on it. The one I have been seriously looking at is the Epox 9NDA+. It dosen't have quite as high Vdimm, but is a whole lot more stable at this point. I think the DFI will be a good board once the BIOS is fixed, but that could be a couple of months. If you want a mobo now that you can just plug and frag, I would say the Epox. Check both of their sections in the Motherboard area.

Frankly, you are best off trading up to a pci express version of your card and getting the nforce4 DFI

Ive worked with the Asus- its only a soso board.

i'm running the dfi lanparty ut nf3 ultrad and it works really awsome for me... I havn't had problems with it. I've read the entire 140+ page thread and it seems like most of the people with problems sound like they fall into 2 groups. The first group are people who are experienced and are having hardware compatability problems, the 2nd group are people who have difficulty with a motherboard that has so many settings.

I can tell you right now the board has some compatability issues with certain types of memory that it probably shouldn't have trouble with. If you want to get the board it has great potential; however, I recommend you copy somebody elses working setup with that motherboard. Get the same ram as them and use the same bios and settings basically. I know there are people who have it running 300htt with 1:1 memory ratio. I'd say copy thier setup for the best opportunity of success with the board. Otherwise you are basically playing the lottery based on what i've seen. I don't know how well the other motherboard overclocks but my nf3 ultrad can do 330htt. My settings arn't even pushing it really, some motherboards you wouldn't even be able to take the cpu up to 2.7ghz with a 9 multi but with this you could get it almost 3ghz. Basically that means however well your venice 3000 oc's you can get it up there with this board. The only problem I think aside that is the memory compatability. Make sure you get memory for it that works well in the board and stick with the 602 bios.

Last edited:
Back