• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cool River Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

davidsk2001

i'm new to water cooling world and i would like to ask that do this all in one water cooling set are worth to get? i just overclock my computer abit for fun only.

here is the cool river deluxe link.HERE
by the way, i also like to ask that what the main part that affect whole water cooling performance?

thank alot.

The most suggested way to go in these forums is to build a simple kit yourself. By selecting the parts and putting it together yourself, you are almost GUARENTEED to get better results. The cheapest self-built watercooler can be done for as little as $100-150 USD, and will perform fantasticly. Not many people here recommend the kits, when its so simple to build it yourself.

Personally, using a cheap kit for watercooling does little more than make your computer look cool. For less than half the price, you can achieve better temps with good air cooling.

I believe the things that effect temps the most (if I understand your question) are 1. ambient temps in the room that houses the system, and 2. the heat exchnage used, for example the radiator. The rad is the point where heat is taken out of the water and put into the air, so the better your rad (and fans on the rad) perform, the better your temps will be.

Hope I've been of some help.

citronym said:
I believe the things that effect temps the most (if I understand your question) are 1. ambient temps in the room that houses the system, and 2. the heat exchnage used, for example the radiator. The rad is the point where heat is taken out of the water and put into the air, so the better your rad (and fans on the rad) perform, the better your temps will be.

Hope I've been of some help.

Point 1 is correct however ultimately not important if making an effective watercooling system.

Point 2 is half right and half wrong it does matter however it also imposes flow restriction and at a point it doesn't help anymore.

Ultimately when making a watercooling setup everything matters an equal amount. The block for obvious reasons since its the thing taking the heat from the cpu. The pump matters a lot because most top of the line blocks need high flow inorder to perform better. The radiator matters for obvious reasons as said above. The tubing also plays a very important part in the loop since larger diameter allows more flow and the size of the wall on the tubing can also prevent (thicker wall) or cause (thinner wall) kinks (which is tubing collapsed onto itself because a turn radius is too tight which is bad for flow). So they all matter and the best way to find a mix is the water temperature which should be within 5C of the ambient temperatures.

thank for sicloan link...because i'm very new to water cooling so i'm decide to take a kit first for some try first then only try to home built a better water cool for myself later on.

personally do you all think that will be worth to take the kit that i state above?

thank for viewing it.

For ease's sake, sure, why not. First timer introduction into water is one of the main selling points of using kits. If you just want to test the water, ehe, give it a try. I believe it will still be fun, will be great learning, and then next time you can build it yourself.

We insist on keeping tabs on the system, whatever you decide to go with, you def have to show us some pics and let us know how it went, and what you learned.

GOOD LUCK!

I did it myself my first time it came out great and my temps dropped to 21c idle, I reccomend doing ityourself your results will come out a lot better than even using the best kit.

does the pump or radiator enough to take out the heat as 3 water block are installed in? By thw way, the water block for VGA can be use for all grpahic card?

thank alot.

You can cool three blocks with a single 120mm sized fan rad if you use a high cfm fan, but you probably won't get good temps unless you go with something dual heatercore/rad sized. That kit looks so-so to me. Frankly as far as kits go, Swiftech makes decent kits. The problem with kits is that they don't allow you to put together a WC system that meets your goals like performance vs. noise and how much of each you want. The advantage of kits is that they are easier to put in when you are new to watercooling.

I started out into WC with a kit, and really wished I would have done more reading and pieced together my own as I ended up changing out a lot of things to get my setup the way I want it. Putting together parts for a WC system really isn't that hard. You can get all of the answers you need here on these forums.

Most VGA blocks use different mounts only for different cards so that you can usually just buy a different mount to use the block on a different card instead of having to buy another block.

Back