• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

connect3d x800pro -- $199.99

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jabtek said:
I really didn't try it for long, and I have no games that really can push the card to the limits or anything.. I played a little CS-S with the card in and it worked but I couldn't see any differance between the X800 and my NV 5950

I ordered BF 2 from Circuit city so I'll be using it for that, as of right now I am back to my NV card due to the Win98 issues.

yeah, same boat here... i upgraded from a 9800xt. if im unsatisfied with it im just going straight for a 6600gt (games aren't quite my thing like they used to be anyways)

Banyan said:
yeah, same boat here... i upgraded from a 9800xt. if im unsatisfied with it im just going straight for a 6600gt (games aren't quite my thing like they used to be anyways)

I dunno man, I just thought I would have seen a bigger jump in performance, probably in benchmarks I would see a jump but there wasn't any noticeable differance in day to day sue... I'll try both cards with BF2 and hopefully see how much better the X800 is.

jabtek said:
I dunno man, I just thought I would have seen a bigger jump in performance, probably in benchmarks I would see a jump but there wasn't any noticeable differance in day to day sue... I'll try both cards with BF2 and hopefully see how much better the X800 is.

what resolution are you playing CS:S at? irc newer generation cards aren't much faster than the old cards at low resolutions and settings

reason i bought it is because x800s do an excellent job of handling 8x AA and 16x fsaa (or w/e that **** is)

I prefer to play games with a 100hz or 120hz refresh rate, and that can be only achieved in 800x600/1024x768 (and up to 1280x960, but i prefer 1024) on my viewsonic 19 inch.

I could just use the aa to blur the jaggies and the fsaa stuff to make it look crisp, and be able to bust out a straight 120 fps or 100 fps depending on the refresh rate :)
I

this may be a stupid question....but do you think that 110 dollars more for the x800xt pe is worth it? or do you think that for 219 (the card went up 20 bucks on tiger direct) is a great price for a card that will last a good while. im just thinking that after i buy my new card, i prolly wont upgrade for awhile and want something to hold me over nicely until i switch over to pci-e. whats your oppinion.....pro or xt pe for 329?

EDIT: or the bbati x800xl agp card at newegg for 277?

so its: x800 pro for 199, x800xl for 277, or x800xt pe for 329. what do you guys think is the best deal and the best card for me to get?

Last edited:
blitzkrieg1110 said:
this may be a stupid question....but do you think that 110 dollars more for the x800xt pe is worth it? or do you think that for 219 (the card went up 20 bucks on tiger direct) is a great price for a card that will last a good while. im just thinking that after i buy my new card, i prolly wont upgrade for awhile and want something to hold me over nicely until i switch over to pci-e. whats your oppinion.....pro or xt pe for 329?

EDIT: or the bbati x800xl agp card at newegg for 277?

so its: x800 pro for 199, x800xl for 277, or x800xt pe for 329. what do you guys think is the best deal and the best card for me to get?

how long do you want to hold off on the move to pci-e? how hardcore into games are you and are you the type that has to have the best you can possibly get? the xl is a great card, but for me, $77 is $77 and i'll be fine with the pro. i'll also never be one of those that spends north of $300 for a video card.

btw- i don't think $110 is worth it when you can set aside the extra cash for your next build and a pci-e card

**looks like the card is no longer for sale now. i'm glad i jumped on it when i did... will be here today.

Last edited:
blitzkrieg1110 said:
the x800pro deal is nice but the price on the x800xtpe is nice too, i'd only go for a 16 pipe, to me i wouldn't even consider the XL seeing that the XTPE could be had for 50$ more, so i'd drop 329$ and get the x800xtpe, that is a sweet price for the second fastest card on the market, i guess you have to ask yourself is it worth 130$ for 4 more pipes and faster clocks, seems feasible if you are planning to keep it for a while

bobmanfoo said:
the x800pro deal is nice but the price on the x800xtpe is nice too, i'd only go for a 16 pipe, to me i wouldn't even consider the XL seeing that the XTPE could be had for 50$ more, so i'd drop 329$ and get the x800xtpe, that is a sweet price for the second fastest card on the market, i guess you have to ask yourself is it worth 130$ for 4 more pipes and faster clocks, seems feasible if you are planning to keep it for a while
which i am planning on keeping it for awhile......im just a bit worried cause i dont have quite enough money right now and i need one more paycheck or so to afford everything. the problem is though, tiger direct says: "available while supplies last"......and i hope they dont go and jack up the price like they just did on the pro.

lol

site works, and i check and see that they are backordered on the x800 pro ~_~

gg, already charged the CC, too.

EDIT:
Just checked again and it is shipped.

Unless they got a new shipment in 1 day I think they're all out, but they may of shipped me a different brand or maybe even the VIVO version :O

Lets hope, I'll keep in contact with u guys

Last edited:
well somehow i doubt if they even get any more in that they will keep that same price point. i do know that right before they went completely outta stock they had the price at 219.99 vs. the original deal of 199.99. if they bring it back to that price ill still consider it though. i just gotta keep saving.....

i hate it when companies use ups. i was supposed to receive my card today (the card was on the truck for delivery), and while the ups guy was across the street delivering some packages, he failed to come over and give it to me citing a problem with the address. i called ups and verified what the hell was going on and they indeed did have the correct address/info.

UPS is fine in my area... it's all about the area. Don't blame the shipping companies for the problems in ur area, cuz they can be perfectly fine somewhere else :)

But I do know that feeling... I was ordering my parts from newegg, and fedex was delivering stuff down the street. I was like o yeah get ovver here... so they come driving down go by my house... :(

Man how painful that day was... :p

Back