• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SATA Cable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think it's a more sturdy connection, be very careful when disconnecting a regular one

Check Sig for system specs:

My SATA cables are really loose. The 2 drives I have came out b4 the Secure Connects though, so I'm just using the standard. I don't think you can even use the WD Secure connects on anything but a WD Drive, and they only connect via the drive, not the mobo.

A lot of the new mobo's have "guard blocks" around the SATA connectors themselves and are much more secure than previous versions.

Maybe you can try the right or left angle connector ones...that might help you.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ath=89&zenid=32e731f3960b69f951d64ecd5635ffb3

that secure connect cable only comes with and works with wd drives.

much sturdier connection but downside is u cant use the 5 wire sata power connector

I am using secure connect plugs on my two WD drives and they are sturdy, but they block out the SATA power connector forcing you to use the four pin. This is normally not that big a deal, but when you also have a SATA only drive in your system it really adds to the cable clutter as you have to route another cable or use an adapter.

With all the people having cables break off in their SATA drives, I would at least give them a look. If they aren't too much more expensive I would say they are worth it.

I can't count how many cable i've broken. The plastic at the tip is more fragile than an egg shell. Never had a problem though, just replace them as they break.

Back