• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where do you buy aluminum?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would just like to have basic grade aluminum (i think the kind they use in computer cases). it's going to house a BIX III rad, 6 delta's in push-pull config and a pump. so I guess about 4ftx2ftx3ft

I find that hard to belive i worked at a home depot for like 4 days, im pretty sure we had shelves of aluminum sheeting. but ok

Have you tried calling some little machine-shops. Most of the time, smaller shops sell metal then the bigger ones. Some are usually listed in the phone book. And see if your Home-depot can order it.

NsOmNiA91130 said:
Alright, what about wood covered in duct tape?

Duct tape = ghettoness...

he wants something that looks good not something that looks ghetto :p

thats a tough one.. most people think aluminum is going to be easy to get but when it comes down to getting it its hard.. i thought home depot had it.. if not just ask someone (just make sure its not one of the young kids) where you can get it they will usually tell you.

I went to the yellow pages and found this place that has it for dirt cheap. $5 for a 4'x6' piece. I htink they'll also cut it to fit my needs. Now I just need to find some cheap 1"x1" square pipes for the frame.

Nah, home depot here doesn't have a lot of hard core hardware. They juts have a bunch of home improvement stuff (paint, plumbing, etc). I figure the aluminum sho im buying from has to have some 1" x 1" square tubing, so I'll get it from them.

m3x1c4nj3w said:
Nah, home depot here doesn't have a lot of hard core hardware. They juts have a bunch of home improvement stuff (paint, plumbing, etc). I figure the aluminum sho im buying from has to have some 1" x 1" square tubing, so I'll get it from them.

Go find the section that has the handles that go on drawers. Either in that aisle, or the ones on either side there should be a small section of angled metals...

All the home depot's I go to have it...

[edit] I think its in one of the hardware aisles...

Local metal working places and a local trash collector are my main spots for sourcing things like sheets of metal. My dad knows a guy who basically just stockpiles anything and everything he gets his hand on, he has old plane cockpits, parts of rockets from NASA (we live in FL, they aren't *that* hard to find :p), tons of old electronics, more random scraps of metal than you could imagine, old circuit board printing machines, just about anything. None of it is organized but he'll sell it pretty much dirt cheap if anyone is interested.

Back