• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What weapon did you use as your first unlock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedo

Senior Kitty Power!
More specifically, did you unlock the weapon for the class you use the most, or unlock the weapon for a class that you need a little help on?

Here's my sitch', I use SpecOps more than any other class since I hate getting caught out with armor or vehicles coming in and nothing to fight them with. I am not a stats guy, I'd rather run in, take out as many as I can, and hopefully my team takes the flag if I'm not around anymore.

The order of most use for the rest of the classes goes something like this: Assault, Engineer, Medic, Support, Sniper, Anti-tank.

I'm trying to decide between helping myself a little and switching to Assault with the unlocked C3 or just staying with SpecOps and taking the G36C.

Normally it wouldn't be a big thing but since the next unlock is at 10,000 points, I'm looking at least a month or two before the second unock.

So what did you guys do or what are you going to do?

I unlocked the medic gun because its full auto, has a scope, and I am medic most of the time. I think it’s a lot better then the previous medic weapon.

Since you use spec-ops the most... someone who uses the new kit could tell you how much better it is compared to the old spec-ops weapon.

If someone was nice enough and already had the weapon you want to try out you could go into the server and you could test their weapon once they die.

I haven't seen the new assault weapon... but isn’t the current one burst shot... and I think the upgrade weapon has full auto. So that should be better

Last edited:
Wedo said:
More specifically, did you unlock the weapon for the class you use the most, or unlock the weapon for a class that you need a little help on?

Here's my sitch', I use SpecOps more than any other class since I hate getting caught out with armor or vehicles coming in and nothing to fight them with. I am not a stats guy, I'd rather run in, take out as many as I can, and hopefully my team takes the flag if I'm not around anymore.

The order of most use for the rest of the classes goes something like this: Assault, Engineer, Medic, Support, Sniper, Anti-tank.

I'm trying to decide between helping myself a little and switching to Assault with the unlocked C3 or just staying with SpecOps and taking the G36C.

Normally it wouldn't be a big thing but since the next unlock is at 10,000 points, I'm looking at least a month or two before the second unock.

So what did you guys do or what are you going to do?

G36C all the way!

I got it awhile ago and it’s awesome, extremely accurate from long distances. Only bad thing is that it doesn’t have a scope so it takes time to adjust to it. My average kills per round with this gun is around 15 which is way better than with M4 and those other SpecOps guns. Right now I have 4000 points and the next gun that I'm taking is the 50cal Sniper.

I unlocked the big .50 M95. I figured if i'm going to snipe atleast i'll have a gun that can take people out in one hit. I was wrong, despite the fact that a .50 in real life would blow a person clean in two for some reason it still takes atleast two shots to take a man down. On the other hand i've been able to cap a few chopper pilots with it, that is always fun.

I unlocked the spec ops. Its a bit more powerful, more accurate. But I miss the dot laser scope from the US gun. I am happy with it, jut not overly excited.

I have heard people complain the .50 doesn't have as much power as they had hoped.

Have heard lots of people like the assault and medic gun.

mils128 said:
Here is the best way to do it Wedo
http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=12821&highlight=vapor

Download that and go to single player, use all of the unlockables and see which one you like the most starting with the kit you use most (Spec Ops). then make you decision based on your own opinion.

Bweare

If you use this in online multiplayer (some servers allow it) you may get banned! But I do agree that its a good way to test weapons.

G36C - spec ops is the most versatile class in the game and has the most potential on inflicting real damage on a team, although since my strive to unlock a gun I now feel oddly compelled to collect the rest ;(

I love spec ops. Decent fire power.... but whats that? You want something blown up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back