• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just flashed Neo2 Platinum to 1.9b8 bios!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yoshpop

THIS IS HUGE!! I CAN FINALLY GET THE BIOS TO POST AND ALSO BOOT INTO WINDOWS AT 9X300!! I've been waiting forever for this momment. With the 1.8 Bios I couldn't even post @ 2.7ghz!! I may have some faith left in my board.

Alright 9x300 isn't superPI stable and fails in the 6th loop of the 1M test. However 9x295 2.5-4-4-7 passes the 1M Test!

EDIT: However it reports my HSF fan speed @ 1020rpm..this may be a glitch or not and also it is reporting the temp about 7C above norm.

MSI never can get it right. I always hope that the next official nios will be better and I am always disappointed.

Yea I'm starting to like this bios a lot now. After a few tests 9x300 now passes the 1M superPI test @ 1.62v. I reset the cmos and now all temps/fan speeds are accurate and also an energy star logo appears in the post screen now.

Alright the BIOS Flash finally answered my own question; yes the neo2 is the bottleneck to my OC. I am writting this post at 9x300 @ 1.62v, something that I never dreamed of. I couldn't even get it to post at 9x300 @ 1.68v with the 1.8 BIOS. So, obviously my cpu is no where near maxed out. It took 1.68v to play CS:S for a couple of rounds while continuously minimizing to check cpu temp until the game crashed. I am anxiously waiting for either MSI to release an official BIOS or DFI fix their nf3 board so I can see what this LBBLE 0517 venice can do.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to reach 300x9 with the Neo2 and 1.8 bios?

EDIT: Oh, and I mean stable as well. I can boot, do 1M, 2M, but fail 32M SuperPI's.

Superjed said:
Has anyone been able to reach 300x9 with the Neo2 and 1.8 bios?

EDIT: Oh, and I mean stable as well. I can boot, do 1M, 2M, but fail 32M SuperPI's.

Before strapping my SD3700+ to this red herring DFI LP NF3 Ultra-D I got 10x300 as well as 9.5x310 stable on my Neo2 and using 1.8 bios. Here's a link to the post about it. I'm about to cut this DFI loose and go back to the Neo2 so I can try 1.9b8 to see if other gains can be had. As disgusted as I was with MSI's lack of speed getting the Neo2 bios fixed, this DFI is even more frustrating.

Hoot

How did u flash it off a floppy ? whenever i try it says sourcr file not found
hmm maybe the floppy disk i have is messed up ?

Yoshpop said:
THIS IS HUGE!! I CAN FINALLY GET THE BIOS TO POST AND ALSO BOOT INTO WINDOWS AT 9X300!! I've been waiting forever for this momment. With the 1.8 Bios I couldn't even post @ 2.7ghz!! I may have some faith left in my board.

spydeymon said:
How did u flash it off a floppy ? whenever i try it says sourcr file not found
hmm maybe the floppy disk i have is messed up ?
I had that same problem trying to floppy flash the 1.96, I never did figure out what I was doing wrong. (I assumed it was me as other people flashed it without a problem)

Alright I've been messing around with this board/cpu trying to see how much I can push outta it..well I've come across something interesting. With the ram divider set @ 133 mhz and vcore @ 1.66v I can superPI 8mb stable at 9x300. However I can't do that with the memory set to the 166mhz divider. I'm not sure if this is just the board being picky or if it's my DDR500 memory. Tomorrow I'm gonna look into the idea of returning this memory to newegg for a refund and picking up some TCCD memory and try to run 1:1 9x300.

Yoshpop said:
Alright I've been messing around with this board/cpu trying to see how much I can push outta it..well I've come across something interesting. With the ram divider set @ 133 mhz and vcore @ 1.66v I can superPI 8mb stable at 9x300. However I can't do that with the memory set to the 166mhz divider. I'm not sure if this is just the board being picky or if it's my DDR500 memory. Tomorrow I'm gonna look into the idea of returning this memory to newegg for a refund and picking up some TCCD memory and try to run 1:1 9x300.

It's not just the Neo2, the DFI NF3 Ultra-D is a little hinky with the 166 divider also. I'm guessing either these manufacturers are sharing bios code or it's perhaps endemic of the NF3 chipset.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but I don't believe any TCCD memory will run 300 Mhz at any timings or Vdimm. They are great memory, but not miracle worker.

Hoot

Hoot, there have been a number of people reporting running at 300fsb 1:1. with tccd. Mine will only go to 275 at 3-4-4-8 1t. It seems the Gskill is the one that has the best chance, but it's a gamble. I wouldn't run out and get it thinking it would do it. You are really no better off than running with tighter timings with a divider. I run at 6:5 at 2-3-3-6 1t (9x282) and I don't think I am missing out on any performance.
BTW, some said the dfi nf3 boards were being recalled. Is that true?

I can easly post and run fully stable at 9x300... I have the Neo2, with the 1.8 bios, I was using the 1.3mod version prior, I have the 3000+ Winchester chip, and I have been able to reach as high as 2.8 (9x312).

Osirus, I believe your board is exceptional. Mine won't go past 295 (using an 8x multi) but I haven't ried any bios beyond 1.8.

Back