• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just flashed Neo2 Platinum to 1.9b8 bios!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I finally got my board in the mail. I got it running 9x300 with 166 divider at 2T gonna prime tonight and see how it goes. I'm using the 1.8 bios if anyone is wondering that's what came installed on the board so I figured I'd give it a try before flashing to 1.9

Sniper.nkc said:
Man I am sorry to hear that. Can you use the 1.90 Mod bios? So far, the 1.90 bios has allow me to exceed my past OC's.

I've tried that one. My hardware compliment seems to have trouble with all the 1.9x bioses. I've been pounding everything hard trying these different bioses and I'm not certain of anything anymore. Perhaps, as I said earlier, thet've been beat too much, though that would be a first. Also, as I said earlier, my San Diego and probably all San Diegos have a certain "JuJu" about them that falls outside the behavior of the Venice cores, which have their own issues. I sure wish I had just gotten a Venice instead of this San Diego. Perhaps I'm being too hard on a CPU family that is simply not a good fit for the NF3 Ultra chipset. Who knows... :rolleyes:

I am definitely growing weary of the whole "cut and try" process, I gotta say.

Hoot

Well guys my refurb just died on me, it won't even turn on anymore. I've tried 2 different PSU's and I get nothing at all. I've checked both PSU's and they both work but the board seems to be DOA at this point. :mad: I think I'll just ship it back to Newegg and waite for the NF3 Ultra-D.

mysterfix said:
Well guys my refurb just died on me, it won't even turn on anymore. I've tried 2 different PSU's and I get nothing at all. I've checked both PSU's and they both work but the board seems to be DOA at this point. :mad: I think I'll just ship it back to Newegg and waite for the NF3 Ultra-D.
I'm sorry to hear that, but not surprised. There have been many stories of dead Neo2's. BTW are you certain it's dead. If it starts to breath just smother it with a pillow! :) I hope this will leave you better off in the long run. Good luck.

lol, Yeah I'm sure it's dead. :) I'd smack it with a bat to make sure but then it would be unreturnable. :D I guess I should've just stuck with DFI in the first place.

Neo2 Platinum = Lanparty NF3 Ultra-D = NF3 Ultra Chipset = :bang head

I'm back on 1.80 and calling it a night running 11x260 4X 1:1 3-3-3-8-1T
Super Pi Stable
3D Mark 2001se Stable
Prime95 Torture Blend Running

Off to beddy bye...

Hoot

mysterfix said:
Eh sorry to hear about that.

hey guys just as a reminder (i think) ive got some information that might be able to help some of you more. I had the same problem, but am now currently runnin 275x9 2.5-3-3-7 1t stable.

Apparently on the neo2 plat (this is just what ive heard) anything over 1.45vcore doesnt work. So what you need to do is use the overvolt. I have a ybble (apparently loves voltage from what ive heard) so I had to increase the voltage to get it apast 245 fsb.

Thanks for your time, and I hope this helps. My current setup is as follows

Msi K8n Neo2 Plat modded 1.9bios
3000 venice week 23 ybble
gskill le 512x2 2.5-3-3-7 1t (make sure the trrd is set to 4)

mysterfix said:

If you send me your bios chip, I can help you by reflashing it. PM me.

killerkid said:
hey guys just as a reminder (i think) ive got some information that might be able to help some of you more. I had the same problem, but am now currently runnin 275x9 2.5-3-3-7 1t stable.

Apparently on the neo2 plat (this is just what ive heard) anything over 1.45vcore doesnt work. So what you need to do is use the overvolt. I have a ybble (apparently loves voltage from what ive heard) so I had to increase the voltage to get it apast 245 fsb.

Ya most of us know this, the problem isn't getting our CPU stable at 275, its getting our ram to keep up with the CPU :p So vcore has no affect on this.

BTW I think ur chip can do better then 275x9 if u use a divider like I told u on AIM.

This 1.9 BIOS really is amazing. All other BIOS' 9x290 @ 1.66v would fail prime95 within 20 minutes. I've been to the gym for the past 2 hours and it's goin prime95 strong!

Now Prime95 stable at 9x290 @ 1.6v (10% over VID). I can't wait till I get my OCZ platinum memory and get off this value series crap and see what this venice can really do. I'm gonna sell this bad boy (LBBLE 0517GPIW stepping) for some loot when the x2 3800 comes out if there are any takers :)

killerkid said:
heh your right buddy, im now at 300x9 with a 166mhz divider. is this better then 275x9 1:1??

Probably yeah, do some benching tho to make sure.

Keep pushing it, I have a feeling it still has more left in it :D
Just watch the voltage/temps.

JasonDTM said:
I hear the DFI Lanpart UT NF3 Ultra-D is even more of a pain than the Neo2 :/

Ya I think they even got recalled.

JasonDTM said:
^^^ Gosh, watching temps on the Neo2 is like watching peltier temps on a Digital Thermometer rise and fall

Hehe, The temp reading on this board is pretty useless, every time I change the BIOS my temp changes like 10C :p

With this 1.9 Bios my idle temp is about 41c and load temp with 1.5v is about 55c. And this is with an XP-90/AS5 and a 74CFM delta, somehow I doubt these temps are very close at all :p

When I used to run the 1.6 bios my load temp was like 44-48C

Back