• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 5.7 Released

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I moved from Cat 5.2 to the new 5.7 yesterday. 5.3 did not like my system and I have not updated for a while since I was happy with 5.2.

OMG, I got a 30% increase in Far Cry frames-per-sec! I usually get 0-1 fps difference with new drivers but this time went from 41 to 53 fps at 1024x768 using the HardwareOC Benchtool Regulator benchmark on my modded 9800 pro. This will allow me to use AA and AF for the first time in this game.

Sucka said:
Did you uninstall the 5.6's first?

yeah, i used the catalyst uninstaller from ATi's website. Weird, that sluggishness seems to be very random, sometimes it happens sometimes it don't.

Sucka said:
FYI the Cats go on a monthly basis. So it's VERY safe to say 5.8's will come out in Aug, hence the "8". The end number represents the month they are released. Not sure if you knew that, but just a heads up if anyone didn't.

Thanks, never knew that. So does this mean that the first number corresponds with the year?

Ex. 5.7 July 05 and 4.3 March 04?

i hate how the omega's always come out as soon as the next Catalyst driver comes out, but i guess that's something i have to live with

Back