• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are all the 820 overclock results?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TeCKis300

Registered
Thought there would be more people with P4 820 overclock results by now. Granted there faster chips out there...but nothing that I would think can match the value of a nicely o/c'd 820.

Hope I can contribute soon...just placed an order at newegg for:

P4 820
Asus P5WD2 Premium
Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
Enermax Noisetaker EG495P-VE 485W
Asus X800XL

Will be on watercooling if I can mod my older Swiftech waterblock for the 775 socket. Probably will start with air first.

Should have the parts by tomorrow but won't get to build it until late this weekend.

If anyone has some good links to O/C'd 820's (reviews or threads), please post.

Last edited:
Surfrat said:
"Enermax Noisetaker II 285W"

Just curious but a 285watt PSU for a Dual core?

LOL...phat fingered it.

Meant Enermax Noisetaker EG495P-VE 485W PS. It was between this and the Enermax Whisper II 535W PS. Choose the Noisetaker as they have been shown to be 82% efficient which is great for a power hungry system.

Last edited:
Sentential said:
Most of the one's ive seen do about 4.2 or so.

Sentential...got any links? Would love to read about those. I'm only expecting about 3.6-3.8 at this point. But then again, my current P4 630 is running at 4.1.

HempHog said:
My results on air: http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=397972

I hope that isnt the power supply your using.. 820 can run at 140+ watts I believe at full load.

Hemp...thanks for the link! Great numbers there. I'm hoping for at least that. I should have some decent headroom with the memory I'm getting so hopefully the core is capable.

Last edited:
You should expect good results. 1.40 for voltage is considered the max safe voltage for this processor. When I first installed my bios set it to 1.3125 as default.

HempHog said:
You should expect good results. 1.40 for voltage is considered the max safe voltage for this processor. When I first installed my bios set it to 1.3125 as default.

Hemp for the love of god post us some benchies!! :)

hahah, sorry, no benchmarking yet. I went out and bought a new case, Thermaltake VA9000B Kandalf. It's an awsome case however I'm really disapointed with the fans it came with:

From 1x120mm 1700-1800 rpm
rear 1x92mm (for hd's, yes, the hardrives sit in the very back at the top in this case, pretty cool idea)
rear (for main vent) 1x120 1700-1800rpm
top 92mm

Super quiet but lack performance, I reallly dont feel any air moving in or out :( also no side panel fan :(, I'll do that myself however.

Well I've already changed the top fan to a Vantech 92mm tornado. However, the rear fan for the hardrives I cant change because if I put another tornado in there my hd's wont slide in *(U$%*(U#$. So I'm might actually mount this fan on the outside, I can't really see too much of a performance decrease doing so.

The 120mm fans seem really weak :( I'm going to throw in my left over tornado's from my previous case and see if I can improve me temps. Then I will get some benchies up for you guys. Any specific ones?

Haha, I guess I have a case now for my northwood system, It's just sitting on a couple of boxes, but it works!.

HempHog said:
hahah, sorry, no benchmarking yet. I went out and bought a new case, Thermaltake VA9000B Kandalf. It's an awsome case however I'm really disapointed with the fans it came with:

From 1x120mm 1700-1800 rpm
rear 1x92mm (for hd's, yes, the hardrives sit in the very back at the top in this case, pretty cool idea)
rear (for main vent) 1x120 1700-1800rpm
top 92mm

Super quiet but lack performance, I reallly dont feel any air moving in or out :( also no side panel fan :(, I'll do that myself however.

Well I've already changed the top fan to a Vantech 92mm tornado. However, the rear fan for the hardrives I cant change because if I put another tornado in there my hd's wont slide in *(U$%*(U#$. So I'm might actually mount this fan on the outside, I can't really see too much of a performance decrease doing so.

The 120mm fans seem really weak :( I'm going to throw in my left over tornado's from my previous case and see if I can improve me temps. Then I will get some benchies up for you guys. Any specific ones?

Haha, I guess I have a case now for my northwood system, It's just sitting on a couple of boxes, but it works!.

Hellol
here are my Results from my 820D@3800, sorry it's only in German

http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=137052

Surfrat said:
Nice space. What are your temps at that speed, and what are you using for cooling?

Idle is 35° Celsius, Last is 57° Celsius with 1.296Volts, my Cooling System is
a cheap Thermaltake Big Water.......i'am very happy with this CPU
Standard V-Core is....1.30V. :)

wow, your volts are low?!? I could barely manage 215 at the default voltage, weird.

I got my case all together now, wires cleaned up etc. Managed to drop my temps 3-4 degree's from my previous case. not bad I guess :) Hopefully have time to benchmark later tonight.

Well Hemp I have given up on you ever running some benchmarks. I have taken matters into my own hands and ordered an 830! It will be here Wednesday. Now that the I know the new ASUS bios unlocks the multi. Can you say 14X at 300FSB!! :)

hehe anyways, i will report back by Friday! :attn:

Surfrat said:
Well Hemp I have given up on you ever running some benchmarks. I have taken matters into my own hands and ordered an 830! It will be here Wednesday. Now that the I know the new ASUS bios unlocks the multi. Can you say 14X at 300FSB!! :)

hehe anyways, i will report back by Friday! :attn:
Great!! It will be nice to see some benches. :)

Back