• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can you guys give me some info on this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
wth 5000 units at 16m a unit? finish date september 8th!
really my pc is rather fast but damn is this normal? i just turned one in a few minutes ago and it took 2 days,but i only fold 12 hours a day as my room gets too hot at night.

is this worth the motherload in points or something?

The GUI client doesn't have a clue how long a WU will take until it's completed a frame. It really shouldn't show anything until it can make an accurate forecast. I'm not sure why your pie shows 60% when it says 0 out of 5000 frames complete unless this is right after a restart. Read fahlog.txt to see what is really going on.

the pie chart is just showing the current frame length i think.
whats odd is it errered out right after i posted this,saying my pc was unstable.
funny since its been rather stable and even finished its last unit wich was 400 with no issues.
mabey was just a bad unit?

Not likely a bad WU on that particular project. Your OC may be a bit high to fold stably.

The GUI does that all the time. Be sure your screen saver is set to just go to blank or logon, otherwise it sucks cycles and well and warms your room.

ChasR said:
Not likely a bad WU on that particular project. Your OC may be a bit high to fold stably.
i highley doubt that.
i use folding mainly for stability testing and ive been running these settings for days without issues.but if i see it happen again ill agree and go back and add vcore.i have it pushed low as possible atm and more would fix it IF that was the issue.

im not useing a screensaver but the windows program itself.

anyhow its back folding fine now :)

Some WUs are a lot harder then others. From what I remember gromacs are some of those hard ones. Any way like they said its wrong, use Wedos one click. And EMIII.

No one has reported stability problems on p890 to Stanford. Almost everyone doubts it's their computer that's unstable.

ChasR said:
No one has reported stability problems on p890 to Stanford. Almost everyone doubts it's their computer that's unstable.
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TELLING MY SYSTEM OF STABILITY TESTING IS FLAWED?

lol j/k
and after further review and the verdict is in.
i had to add more vcore and all is good and its eating up another gromac core.hey i wish i was always right but im not and wasnt this time.
luckily to get the 100% stability i didnt loose any mhz just added voltage.
these gromacs are also heating my cpu up more also.i was dancing along at 37c but adding more vcore and the new gromacs core its 39c
not bad but lets just see how many extra points i can give F(OC)LD when my X2 gets here in about 2-3weeks.

Is that a mobile Claw you are running, deathstar13?

I have one like that setup of yours and I found that I had to back down to 2665 MHz for total stability on my DFI board. At first it seemed stable at 2700, but a few of the Gromacs wu's showed it not entirely stable at 2700 MHz.

veryhumid said:
39C is pretty low anyway. Thanks for adding all that megahurrrrrzzzz!!111one!
the TT typhoon is a rather amazing heatsink.i never thought id say that about anything made by TT but i just did.

yeh its a mobile 3000+
mine wants to max out at 2.8ghz but takes almost 1.75v to do it.
2.75ghz is fine but still takes 1.68v
i found 2.7ghz @1.57v to be completly stable.but i could still crank it upto 2.8ghz when i want some benching and such but for normal stuff i prefer the lower voltages.

Last edited:
deathstar13 said:
wth 5000 units at 16m a unit? finish date september 8th!
really my pc is rather fast but damn is this normal?...

is this worth the motherload in points or something?

My rig 2(see sig) has seen two of these 5000 unit WU's come and go in the past few days. Seems as though they are worth a couple hundred points.

Just turned the second one in... Stanford isn't registering it quite yet. I'll post back with a true point count when it registers on my total.

edit: 142pts. for the 5000 unit gromacs WU.

AlabamaCajun said:
Look at those LATS' ,;'

Cas 1.5 sure... but a Tras of 0. Never seen that... maybe an A64 thing. What's up with that deathstar?

Last edited:
CPU-Z may report 0 but I don't think it'd work if the tRAS were really 0. Ive never seen a motherboard with tRAS lower than 4 available in bios. Here's a quote from Anandtech about latency on nForce motherboards:

*Several memory tests have shown that memory performs fastest on the nVidia nForce chipsets at a TRas (RAS Precharge) settings in the 9 to 13 range. We ran our own Memory Bandwidth tests with memtest86 with TRas settings from 5 to 15 at a wide range of different memory speeds. The best bandwidth was consistently at 9 to 11 at every speed, with TRas 10 always in the best range at every speed. The performance improvement at TRas 10 was only 2 to 4% over TRas 5 and 6 depending on the speed, but the performance advantage was consistent across all tests. All benchmarks were run at a TRas setting of 10.

We have not tested a Socket 754 board that offered a CAS 1.5 setting. The OCZ memory ran without problems with 1 DIMM at 1.5-2-2-10 settings.

I just started folding a few days ago. TEAM 32 BABY!!! Last night I got a 5000 unit gromac and my cpu temp shot up about 3c. It should finish tommorrow morning, so I'll confirm the 142pnts. Now that I think about it, I've had 4 WUs so far and all have been gromacs.

ChasR said:
CPU-Z may report 0 but I don't think it'd work if the tRAS were really 0. Ive never seen a motherboard with tRAS lower than 4 available in bios. Here's a quote from Anandtech about latency on nForce motherboards:

I didn't think so... such timings should be theoretically impossible- I don't have the exact equation for calculating minimum Tras but 4 would make perfect sense. I think it is (ras-to-cas + ras-precharge) = min. Tras.

10 Tras misreported as 0 makes sense. Someone needs to remove that "% 10" from the code that calculates the Tras. :D

I haven't checked to see what low end Tras my boards will do. I just know that nForce2 loves 11 Tras! So that's what I run.

From Mushkin:

The minimum tRAS would be tRCD+CAS latency + 2 cycles (to output the first burst of four and make way for the second burst in the output buffers).

Obviously tRAS of 5 works I've got a few rigs running at that. Here's a good explanation of latency from Corsair. After rereading this, I just might loosen up tRAS on my Intel rigs like I already have on my nForce rigs and see what happens.

Back