• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this safe ???No fan.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BirdmanJR

Registered
Ok So im over hauling my gmas Dell.Its that 400$ you see advertise.It had new ram and cd roms.The HDD is fine and the CPU is too but I can not figire out how to mount a new Heatsink/fan.So my question is can I run it safly with just a heatsink and no fan?It only a 2.4 Celeron.Will it be safe?

it might be safe...but I tell you I have a celeron 2.4 with a ultra heatsink/fan and it runs at 113 idle and 114 under full load. I and not sure how no fan would effect that but it might cause it to raise up to 120 I would think possible...I also have a case mounted fan.

all temps in farenhieght

Last edited:
Shelnutt2 said:
it might be safe...but I tell you I have a celeron 2.4 with a ultra heatsink/fan and it runs at 113 idle and 114 under full load. I and not sure how no fan would effect that but it might cause it to raise up to 120 I would think possible...I also have a case mounted fan.

Please tell me you are talkin degrees in Farenheight ?!?!

SolidxSnake said:
Please tell me you are talkin degrees in Farenheight ?!?!

Yeah farenheight oops forgot to put that...trust me if it was celcius then iwouldn't be typing this right now...

Shelnutt2 said:
wow a 1 degree raise from idle to load, thats awesome.

Drec said:
wow a 1 degree raise from idle to load, thats awesome.

Yeah I know...only once did I ever see it get to 115 and that was when the AC was out and it was 95 in the room...and 99 in the case.

what socket is it? oh and in the past dell didn't use standard retention clips as retail motherboards so there might be a conflict there.

Yea that my whole point.I cant find a fan/heatsink to attach.All it used was a fan on the back and a duct that suck air from the heatsink.So I was thinking If I just leave the heatsink as is and just make sure the case has good airflow it should be fine.All she does it play solitare.Can I make this happen?

Back