Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    83

    ORDERED new system!

    AMD64 3000+ Venice
    DFI UT NF4 SLI-DR
    XP-120
    1 Gig G.Skill FF
    2x Maxtor Diamondmax 10 160gig SATA 150
    Antec P-160WF
    OCZ 520W

    and 120mm Panaflo fan.

    Came out to 1294.92 with shipping and tax.

    I think I'm going to wait on the video cards. When ATI comes out with R520, the price wars should begin. Or... should I just get a 7800GTX now?

  2. #2
    Member whitebloodcell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Wells, England
    Posts
    906
    You are going to want a video card of some sort though to tide you over until then though aren't you? And will you be able to afford an R520 straight away?
    I wouldnt get a 7800GTX right now.
    "You better watch who your calling a child louis, because if I'm a child you know what that makes you? A Paedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and be lectured by a pervert !" - Peter Griffin

  3. #3
    Member LeEbZ0r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    115
    If your debate is between the two, I would suggest you wait until the R520 comes out so the price of the 7800GTX can go down, and you can get that instead.

  4. #4
    Hamm3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Varazdin, Croatia
    Posts
    1,412
    If you can wait definatly do so, you can get better product for the same prize.
    P5B-dlx wifi
    Core2Duo E4300
    2GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz
    Sapphire Radeon HD4850
    Enermax 460 Watt

    Support Overclockers.com DC teams!

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    83
    Yea I got an old PCI card to hold me over The thing is, if the ATI solution is better... then I can't use SLI on it correct? If I wanted to go dual ATI I would need crossfire right?

  6. #6
    Member trueplaya4ever8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Saint Cloud, FL
    Posts
    1,917
    Quote Originally Posted by pduan87
    Yea I got an old PCI card to hold me over The thing is, if the ATI solution is better... then I can't use SLI on it correct? If I wanted to go dual ATI I would need crossfire right?
    yup.
    ASUS Maximus IV Hero | 4770k | H70 | 2x8GB Team Xtreem 2400mhz | EVGA 780TI SC | X-Star 27" | 250GB Samsung EVO | Corsair AX750 | Cosair Air 540

    My Heat
    http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25800

  7. #7
    Registered
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    83
    Yea then I'll just wait for the GTX to come down in price. Any word on the possibility of unlocking extra pipelines yet?

  8. #8
    Registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Posts
    97
    I dont think they will come down enuff that you would wanna wait. screw ati!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •