AMD64 3000+ Venice
    DFI UT NF4 SLI-DR
    XP-120
    1 Gig G.Skill FF
    2x Maxtor Diamondmax 10 160gig SATA 150
    Antec P-160WF
    OCZ 520W

and 120mm Panaflo fan.

Came out to 1294.92 with shipping and tax.

I think I'm going to wait on the video cards. When ATI comes out with R520, the price wars should begin. Or... should I just get a 7800GTX now?

You are going to want a video card of some sort though to tide you over until then though aren't you? And will you be able to afford an R520 straight away?
    I wouldnt get a 7800GTX right now.
    "You better watch who your calling a child louis, because if I'm a child you know what that makes you? A Paedophile, and I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and be lectured by a pervert !" - Peter Griffin

If your debate is between the two, I would suggest you wait until the R520 comes out so the price of the 7800GTX can go down, and you can get that instead.

If you can wait definatly do so, you can get better product for the same prize.
    P5B-dlx wifi
    Core2Duo E4300
    2GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz
    Sapphire Radeon HD4850
    Enermax 460 Watt

Support Overclockers.com DC teams!

Registered
    Yea I got an old PCI card to hold me over The thing is, if the ATI solution is better... then I can't use SLI on it correct? If I wanted to go dual ATI I would need crossfire right?

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by pduan87
    Yea I got an old PCI card to hold me over The thing is, if the ATI solution is better... then I can't use SLI on it correct? If I wanted to go dual ATI I would need crossfire right?
    yup.
    ASUS Maximus IV Hero | 4770k | H70 | 2x8GB Team Xtreem 2400mhz | EVGA 780TI SC | X-Star 27" | 250GB Samsung EVO | Corsair AX750 | Cosair Air 540

My Heat
    http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25800

Registered
    Yea then I'll just wait for the GTX to come down in price. Any word on the possibility of unlocking extra pipelines yet?

Registered
    I dont think they will come down enuff that you would wanna wait. screw ati!!!