• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ORDERED new system!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pduan87

Registered
AMD64 3000+ Venice
DFI UT NF4 SLI-DR
XP-120
1 Gig G.Skill FF
2x Maxtor Diamondmax 10 160gig SATA 150
Antec P-160WF
OCZ 520W

and 120mm Panaflo fan.

Came out to 1294.92 with shipping and tax.

I think I'm going to wait on the video cards. When ATI comes out with R520, the price wars should begin. Or... should I just get a 7800GTX now?

You are going to want a video card of some sort though to tide you over until then though aren't you? And will you be able to afford an R520 straight away?
I wouldnt get a 7800GTX right now.

If your debate is between the two, I would suggest you wait until the R520 comes out so the price of the 7800GTX can go down, and you can get that instead.

Yea I got an old PCI card to hold me over :) The thing is, if the ATI solution is better... then I can't use SLI on it correct? If I wanted to go dual ATI I would need crossfire right?

Yea then I'll just wait for the GTX to come down in price. Any word on the possibility of unlocking extra pipelines yet?

Back