• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Northwood 2.66 D1 stepping.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Registered
Hi, can you help me overclock my chip?

Here's what I have done so far.

I haven't touched the voltage, I've only been raising the FSB. I have also locked the AGP bus.
The FSB is at 160... 3.22 Ghz.

The thing is though, for memory this board (DFI LANParty Pro875B) only has a place to raise the DIMM voltage? I read
the sticky and it mentioned ram timings/dividers and that sort, but I dont see those options in my bios.

My ram is corsair pc 2700 ddr ram... right now I see that its at 404 mhz when the computer flashes before booting in.

What should I do next? What would happen if I keep raising the FSB... Would it hurt my ram, even though I havent messed with its voltage?

Thanks,.

What type of board do you have? Some board Bios's will reveal more options if you type ctrl+F1 in the bios.
You shouldn't hurt the ram if you keep pushing the FSB, eventually it will just not boot and reset your default CPU speed on the next boot.

Redstone said:
What type of board do you have? Some board Bios's will reveal more options if you type ctrl+F1 in the bios.
You shouldn't hurt the ram if you keep pushing the FSB, eventually it will just not boot and reset your default CPU speed on the next boot.

Thanks for the reply, Redstone.

The board is a: DFI LANParty Pro875B. I will give that ctrl+F1 a try.

There is a nice feature cmos reloaded that lets me store around 4 overclocks/settings, so I think that leaves me in good shape if it wont boot or resets my settings.. I believe so, anyway.

Back