• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first problem *and this time it's in the right forum! :)*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vixenk

Registered
I've been trying to make it to 3.3 ghz, but it just can't seem to make it. At 3.3 ghz it freezes at the Windows login screen. Could it be my ram holding me up? I tried changing the ram timings to 2.5-3-3-7 instead of 2-3-3-6, but it didn't help... also tried upping the voltage, went as far as 2.6 volts but was too scared to go above that, lol. Somehow I have the funny feeling it's my ram though...

Any ideas or advice?

*shudders* Some generic 500 watt "Power Magic" psu. I'm so thankful I haven't got a high voltage cpu. :p

Thanks, Nasgul, I'll try that out and let you know how it turns out. :)

Curious what ram divider you are using? try underclock the ram through the divider if you havn't already!

Ok, I've been trying to get this to work for two weeks now! It just doesn't want to go...

I did figure out what the problem is, somewhat. My fsb/ram ratio is 3:4 and my mobo bios won't allow me to change it run async or even 4:3 for that matter. So I guess the only thing left to do is wait until I can buy more ram. :(

Back