• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Memory! Now running at 300 1:1!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fosheazy

Registered
I recently purchased a MSI K8N neo2 Platinum with some old trusted corsair memory and a new venice core 3000+. No matter what I did I couldn't get past 267. At any voltage,any dividers, any amount of tweaking. Even when setting all memory dividers very low I could not achieve a higher overclock. Figuring that I just got a crappy CPU I ordered some OCZ platinum rev2 so that I could at least have tight timings at the speeds I was running. I put my new memory in today and started running memtests, and upping the overclock. I hit 315 1:1 before I hit a memory test error! I could not however pass a prime at this speed. Timings were 315 cas3 4,4,8. I can pass prime and all memory tests at 305 however! This also means what I previously thought was a really crappy CPU is running over 2.8 ghz! I can't believe how picky this board is for RAM! But now running 9x300 at 3,4,3,8 stable with every test I've thrown at it, including several hours of gaming! Woot!

whoa nice
My venice will do 2.85 but my TCCD won't do past 265 1:1 with the venice at any timings, did 275 fine with the winchester...

Maybe its cuz the new OCZ rev2 is TCC5 and not TCCD?

What bios are u running?

Very very nice, I only wish I could have more than 2.7vdimm...my OCZ Plats would really shine, they've been tested to 304fsb 1:1 3.4.4.8

Congrats! Yes, it's a very picky board with ram, particularly older ram. You are not the only one who thought they had a bad cpu only to find out it was the ram. I bet there are many more people who would benefit from a ram upgrade. It's another good reason to spend the bucks on quality ram. (My tccd will only do 275 and it's the ram not the board or cpu that holds it back)

I am currently running the 1.8 bios. Reading about the new 1.9 beta bios is exciting, however I will wait for an official release. I am running the memory at 2.85 which is max on this board.

Well after some more tweaking and testing I am happily running at 9x295 2.5,4-3-8 1t! This has given me much better performance over the additional cpu speed but laxer timings of 300+ fsb. I have achieved 8000 in sandra memory tests!

fosheazy said:
Well after some more tweaking and testing I am happily running at 9x295 2.5,4-3-8 1t! This has given me much better performance over the additional cpu speed but laxer timings of 300+ fsb. I have achieved 8000 in sandra memory tests!
Awesome! You have the TCC5 correct?

Welcome to the world of 300HTT 1:1. I can do it as well, with a 3000+ winnie (0437)...
I did 300HTT 1:1 with 2.5-4-4-5 1T.. Very nice OC though!

Back