• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BFG 7800gtx .. what do i use to overclock it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madhatR

which program are you guys using to overclock it ?
i wanna see what this card can do

thanks

:p
RedDragonXXX said:
Check the Guide in my sig. Also be sure to use Hardware Monitor to check your temp because those cards get hot :mad:

thanks for the guide .. :)

i remember i spoke to someone at BFG and asked what are acceptable temps for this card and he said most people idle around 60sC and load around 80-90C .. he said as long as it doesnt go over like 95c ur fine .. right now my card idles around 50c which he said was pretty low .. ill check out today what this card can do :p

and thanks for the nice pocketbook comment :rolleyes:

EDIT

installed both rivaturner .. now im running coolbits .. they both detect my
7800gtx speeds as 275/1300 ?? whats up with the core

Last edited:
Which drivers are you using? I believe you have to use to 77.72s to make rivatuner work correctly.

Also to check clockspeeds have you considered powerstrip? It isn't used much anymore becuase it has to be open to have the clockspeeds running however it will show what the card is clocked at.

i figured it out .. lol i was reading the clock speeds for 2d

i might give the 80.40s a try

RedDragonXXX said:
Check the Guide in my sig. Also be sure to use Hardware Monitor to check your temp because those cards get hot :mad:

Funny my Evga doesn't peek over 55c...and thats at the clock in my sig...

Wow, thats strange that they say around 60c, mine idles at 41c and around 55c load and my case cooling isnt the best. But thats no big deal, anyways, yeah, if your talking about the monitoring tab for RivaTuner, as of now, it only reads 2d clocks, but the next version of RT will allow 4 clocks to be read, 2d, low 3d, perf 3d, socalled Geo-Delta-Clock (maybe it is :shrug: ).

I wouldnt use Coolbits along with RivaTuner, it causes windows not to save my settings, so I used the clean registry tab on Riva to fix this, just in case you run into this, anyways, Riva will enable the Clock Frequencies tab in the Display properties anyway, so I would just use Riva.

My .02 cents.

ShadowClock59

yeah who knows .. but that is what they told me .. right now just testing out i have the core at 490 .. no problems .. idles at 50c like stock .. but loads around 72 lol .. still fine i guess .. ill run it all the way 90c lol .. since bfg says thats still fine .. my case has like NO airflow .. the lian li pcv2000b .. gotta switch to a stacker

Back