SQL Query based on dates

Im sure there is a way to do this but, does anyone know how to make MySQL do a query between two dates? Lets say I want to query all messages posted between July 20 - July 22 but none others? BTW I am doing this in php too.

Thanks
    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
    -- Fmr. President Ronald Reagan

"We must all hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately"
    -- Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is not free, that it comes with the highest of sacrifices. The price of blood"

Just set the where statement to be x>July 20 and x < july 22

Oh ok I thought about doing that but it just did not seem to be right.
    "We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."

"We must all hang together, gentlemen...else, we shall most assuredly hang separately"
    -- Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is not free, that it comes with the highest of sacrifices. The price of blood"

Yeap that's the way it works... seems odd, but it makes the most sense when you think about it.

Yea it works great too, thanks!

-- Benjamin Franklin

There is usually a "BETWEEN" predicate which makes the query a little cleaner:

SELECT *
    FROM Orders
    WHERE (OrderDate BETWEEN '1/1/2004' AND '12/31/2005')
    "I've tried everything. I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison

My Heatware

Quote Originally Posted by marker
    There is usually a "BETWEEN" predicate which makes the query a little cleaner:

SELECT *
    FROM Orders
    WHERE (OrderDate BETWEEN '1/1/2004' AND '12/31/2005')
    Great, ill give that a shot too, it looks more fitting for what the query to do. Thanks!

Just one question, before I change to the new code I am using two variables in place of the two dates, I am assuming this would work the same just making sure before I change it.
    Last edited by Archer36; 07-24-05 at 11:25 PM.

-- Benjamin Franklin

Should work with variables, I do it all the time. However, my expertise is in MS SQL Server not MySQL, but I cannot imagine why it would function any differently.
    "I've tried everything. I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison

My Heatware