• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

antec sp350 trouble.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dbcalo

ok. i bought an antec tx635 case and it came with a sp350 as the psu. i swapped that one out and put in a fortron blustorm 500 and gave the sp350 to my brother. the sp350 is supposed to have a feature where the rear fan only turns on when neaded, but it rarely comes on. does anyone know what temerature the sp350's fan will come on at? it can get fairly hot in the computer room during summer days and was curious why it wasn't getting kicked on.

One of the fans in my new SmartPower 2.0 unit is not spinning. Is that right?

YES! SmartPower 2.0 features Antec's unique Dual Fan Technology: the exhaust fan only starts to spin when the power supply reaches a certain temperature. The rest of the time it stays off for maximum quiet operation. (And don't worry about that, either: the second fan, inside the case, spins on power up for constant quiet ventilation.)

From the FAQ on our site.

AntecRep said:
One of the fans in my new SmartPower 2.0 unit is not spinning. Is that right?

YES! SmartPower 2.0 features Antec's unique Dual Fan Technology: the exhaust fan only starts to spin when the power supply reaches a certain temperature. The rest of the time it stays off for maximum quiet operation. (And don't worry about that, either: the second fan, inside the case, spins on power up for constant quiet ventilation.)

From the FAQ on our site.

I've have a trouble ticket open on the antec site. basically what they've told me is that the internal temp has to be 52C for the rear fan to kick on. I really have no way of checking what the internal temp is, but the the room temps have been around 80 - 90F. Do you think the fan would kick on at these temps?

Back