• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Driver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris215

I need a monitor driver for my Sony SDM-S51.
I can't find any drivers for that model.
So I need an alternative, so can someone help me find one that will work?

because I can't change my resolution. It on default(Plug & Play). So I need a monitor driver to access the rest of my resolution I guess...

if you're running windows (i know this works in XP) right click on the desktop and click "properties". Then go over to the settings tab and you should be able to choose there.

It’s a LCD monitor and there for it is highly recommended that you do NOT change its resolution. This will lead to ugly random pixels around things like text making it near impossible to use the screen. Sony may also have set it so it can only display 1024x768. If its done like that, a driver will not change anything, you'll still be unable to change the res. Unless, of course, its a driver that’s not made by Sony and is designed to screw w/ your monitors resolution settings.

Back