• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

These temps seem ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

Have nf7-s with an Athlon XP @ 1826mhz (166x11). I think this is its native speed (I forget) :shrug: So far I've only let it sit at the bios screen, with the case open just to see what it would stabilize at. It seemed to stop at about 37c, according to the NF7-S onboard temp indicator

WC equipment consist of:
Ehiem 1048
1/2" Clearflex tubing
WhiteWater Waterblock w/ AS3
Dtek Pro120 Radiator w/ a Panaflo L1A fan @ 7 volts (oh so quiet)
80mm blowhole fan

Keep in mind all the bubbles aren't worked out (arg!), as I can still hear some gurgling, and I think AS3 needs about a day to settle, if I remember correctly. That aside, is idling at 37c alright for the above setup?

Idle temp doesn't really matter. What is your load temp? Case temp? Ambiant temp?

37C is a good idle temp, but not a good indication of cooling capacity or performance.

Yeah that seems a bit high for a water cooling setup, but then again I wouldn't trust motherboard sensors...

I've got a stock cooler on my XP-M 2500+ (Not overclocked), and it usually stays in the mid-30s.

As long as temperatures don't look very high or hurt stability I wouldn't care too much. 37C looks a bit low, ut to tell if it's good or bad cooling, we'd have to know ambient temp, plus NF7 rather give pretty random readouts - you can't trust them.

The ambient temp according to the bios was about 10c lower I believe. I don't have any load temps yet, I haven't moved my DVD-RW and Raptor drives into the case yet, so right now BIOS is a far as I can go.

Back