• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 XT problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

Ok well I got this card today, and tried to install it on my system, upon normal power on, it runs for a second or two, then starts to make a loud beeping noise and tells me I dont have the power connected to the card, I infact do have the power connected to the card and I still get this problem.

Wierd thing is, I went from a 6800 Ultra, to this card, I know the 6800 Ultra needs more power, and the nvidia card runs fine.

I have a seperate power supply just for the vid card, which is a 400w.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem?

wait.....you have an entirely seperate power supply for you vid card? if thats the case try hooking it up to the power supply that is connected to the motherboard. if thats not what you mean then i have no idea what to tell you.

Tired that, and got the same problem. All I did was pull out the 6800 Ultra, and put in the X800 XT, plugged the power into the card, and turned on the computer. As soon as the computer goes to POST, it goes and starts making that load beep.

I have no idea what is going on, or what the problem is.

Thats a good point, ill break out the volt meter now... I will more then likely take the card to work and test it in another system there, (since this is my only system)

i believe its the pci-e power connector, i remember seeing threads on how the wire config weren't right in some the plugs or how you need to remove/move one/some of the wires

This is a AGP card. Has the standared 4 plug Molex connector on the back. I believe the card to be at fault, there for, Im sending it back.

Back