• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can I get the optimized client?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

The one post I found while searching had broken links to somewhere in Japan. In case it matters, I'm running 1 Pent. M 1.8G, 2 Pent. 4 2.4G, 1 Pent. 4 2.8G, and 3 Celeron M 2.8G.

Depending on what those cores are, I've uploaded the clients into my web space. I pay for it, so might as well use it. :rolleyes:

Here is the Prescott (SSE3) client.

Here is the Northwood (SSE2) client.

I even have the P3/Athlon client.

I even typed up a basic install text to help smooth the install of the clients. Maybe someone would be kind enough to read that text and let me know if it's easy to understand? Thanks.

Hope this helps out. If anyone has the other clients, and wants to send them to me, I'll upload them to my web space. Just give me a basic description what cpu the client is for, and I'll add a link to it here. :cool:

For a bookmarkable place with everything centralized see the site I created for this at www.bomolai.com/seti_install.htm

Tyrinion: Let's collaborate, would be nice for us (OC team) to have a centralized place for everything (and i mean everything, all clients, full instructions, and so forth).

Cooldrum3, hope that helps, let us know if you have any trouble,
Bo

That's a nice site Enkidu. :thup:

I don't have any probs with setting up my webspace to centralize the clients, instructions, etc. My space is only 20mb though... All I'm using the space for now is to host my seti farm pics and the clients listed in my previous post, and that's the only time I've ever used any of my webspaces. lol Needless to say, I couldn't design a web page to save my life, but I can learn how to do it. :)

So, what all are we going to need?

hey guys, FYI

i posted the fix in a thread i started about the optimized client, you will need to add some lines to the app_info.xml so it will work properly with the 4.18 workunits, otherwise it will dump all your current units and download new ones

I think the N is the way to go since your CPU si Northwood or Wilamette. Altough W would also work, it doesnt contain P4 processor specific code so I think it would be a tad slower.

YAOSCW-P-r8.1.zip - QxP = P4 SSE3
YAOSCW-N-r8.1.zip - QxN = P4 SSE2 only
YAOSCW-B-r8.1.zip - QxB = Pentium M SSE2
YAOSCW-W-r8.1.zip - QxW = P4 SSE2 AMD64
YAOSCW-K-r8.1.zip - QxK = P3 SSE AMD-XP
YAOSCW-0-r8.1.zip - No Option = P2 MMX

This is the coded for the optimized clients :D

I think that this codes come from the option used to complile the binaries. If you are curious you could get the Intel library used and look into the documentation if the triggers have anything to do with the code names of the cores.

At first it oculd be a paussible answer as P-Pres"hot"; N-Northwood; B-Barton; W-Willamet.

eaglescouter, I believe that the Willamet P4's had a 400fsb bus and the Northwoods came out w/533fsb. My answer would be that this cpu is a Northwood, because of the extensions you mentioned above. Hope this helps...

If you are having trouble identifying your CPU, you could always download the Intel Processor ID Utility, just google it and it will be readily available

eaglescouter said:
Enkidu: I'm not able to determine which keyed clinet to use for one of my systems. It is a P4 with SIMD and SIMD2 extensions supported.

I can't tell if I need B, N, or W.

Can you clarify?

Sorry for the delayed response - I just got back from my weeklong vacation :)

I'd definitely go with N (which is SSE/SSE2 and is specifically for the Pentium 4). As someone else pointed out you 'could' use W, but that is really just "N for the Athlon 64" :)

Enk

Enkidu said:
Sorry for the delayed response - I just got back from my weeklong vacation :)

I'd definitely go with N (which is SSE/SSE2 and is specifically for the Pentium 4). As someone else pointed out you 'could' use W, but that is really just "N for the Athlon 64" :)

Enk

Thanks Enkidu, :)

Now, what do I do to optimize a dual opteron 64bit? All your website links appear to be intel only.

Last edited:
eaglescouter said:
Thanks Enkidu, :)

Now, what do I do to optimize a dual opteron? All your website links appear to be intel only.

If it supports SSE use K, if it supports SSE & SSE2 use W. I don't know if opterons support SSE3 - if they do - I don't think there is an optimized client out (at least I haven't seen it, if anyone finds one, please PM me and I'll add it to the page).

There is a table at the bottom of my instruction page (www.bomolai.com/seti_install.htm) - if you take a look at it it lists which client to use for each processor (note that the K and W clients indicate which AMD processors they support).

Enk

Ah yes- I actually use CPU-Z - just forgot to put the link there, thanks for the reminder!

As for sticky - I'll create a seperate thread in a few days (I'm going to pull down the files and host them so if the source site "goes away" we won't be up a creek :))

Enk

Back