• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3200+ Venice and Bios 1.8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Osirus

I recently picked up a 0521 Venice 3200+ On my inital overclocking trial's I have been unable to achive high clocks, Currently Im running at 2.6ghz with a 5:6 divider, 2.5-3-3-7 2T

I cant really seem to get higher then that without getting the wierd errors like my windows install is corupt. Is there a known issue with the Neo2 and the Venice CPU?

Any tips will help out a bunch here. I want to hit some high numbers, and I know this chip is capable of doing so.

Not that I'm aware of...Although 1.8 bios doesn't "officialy" support E3 revisions, you can still get decent oc. I just got my Venice about a month ago and I can do 2.5Ghz with 1.4v, 2.6Ghz with 1.45v. I have not tried pushing it all the way, but I can do 290HTT and 1:1 memory with 1T. Maybe try new beta bios and see if you have any luck. Could be the chip itself, but I doubt it though... :shrug:

BIOS 1.9 was rock stable for me @ 2.8GHz with ram set at DDR333 with 3-4-4-8 timings. Although I'm now using 2.1 the OC is pretty much the same. The "funky" memory timings are not all that great, the timings are now all set to auto. So unless you know what timings are what, it's a little confusing.

Good luck & Happy OC'ing
Goli

EDIT:
Sorry my bad, I thought you had the AV8 mobo.

Cool.. Thanks, Ill do that when I get home later on tonight. Im hoping I can get to at least 2.8ghz with this. 2.6 just isnt good enough for me.

There is a version of 1.80 with the 1T option enabled. Need For Mhz put it out about a month ago. You can download it from Here . I have used it and it works just like the official 1.80 except that 1T is the default instead of 2T. That having been said, the 1A3 shows promise, so consider it also.

Hoot

Back