• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help choosing MB fast for my San Diego

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AEsnowboarding

I am going PCI Express and wondering what board to get that will work out of the box with my San Diego.

I was looking at the MSI Neo4, DFI ULtra, or something else.

I don't need SLI and I don't want to have to mess with the BIOS to get it stable. Can anyone help me out real fast like? Price limit is around 140. My FSB will run at 240 because my ram is limiting me.

yeah the BIOS's are fine, it's really picky with high latency RAM but your Mushkin will be fine, ORDER IT NOW!

If you don't want to mess around with BIOS settings to get a good overclock/stability than avoid the DFI. Although i personally love the board for overclocking, i wouldn't reccomend it to someone that doesn't want/need the added BIOS features/control. Other NF4 board would probably be more stable for daily use without any heavy overclocking.

Drec said:
yeah the BIOS's are fine, it's really picky with high latency RAM but your Mushkin will be fine, ORDER IT NOW!

Done. If anything it should be a good experience. I also just ordered a Connected 3D X800XL to go with it.

Back