• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW new Razer mouse coming out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
madcow235 said:
2000dpi :eek: My mx518 is too sensitive at full sensitivity for me, I went from a mx500 at 15 sensitivity in cs to a mx518 at about 4

Thats not wht the it means by sensitivity .. dpi more refers to acuracy and precision .. .like a higher resolution of "dots" to move your cursor to ..

koss20100 said:
Thats not wht the it means by sensitivity .. dpi more refers to acuracy and precision .. .like a higher resolution of "dots" to move your cursor to ..

higher DPI = Higher sensitivity at the same sensitivity settings.

It makes more dots per that inch. If it makes more dots in the SAME AREA, it must make the dots smaller. So less movement makes the same amount of dots.

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

looks like a squished diamondback with, in my opinion, a better visual. i like the more basic look a lot better. and you can't complain about the performance specs. i'll probably get one when i come into some money. i am very pleased with my diamondback, and shorter and plainer are just what i would ask for in a successor. i took the extra LED out of my diamondback and masked off the functional LED to give it a more understated look. i even toyed with the idea of paining it flat black. with this mouse, i could take out all of the LEDs.

Last edited:
Bout time someone comes out w/ something Wired and Lasered to beat that stupid Wireless Laser non-sense the MX1000 has

*****BTW what does this mouse need onboard memory for?

comparing the dimensions with those of the diamondback, its identical. maybe the picture is just disproportionately resized. or the specs were mistakenly just carried over.

jcw122 said:
Bout time someone comes out w/ something Wired and Lasered to beat that stupid Wireless Laser non-sense the MX1000 has

*****BTW what does this mouse need onboard memory for?

I think it is so that way, the mouse knows what the buttons do, so that way it is quicker and it doesn't have to ask the computer?

Kevin007 said:
I think it is so that way, the mouse knows what the buttons do, so that way it is quicker and it doesn't have to ask the computer?

Custom button assignments?

Kevin007 said:
I like the mx line, they have a cool design, and they stand out, and don't look like regular mice, although they need to make them for left handed people. But, I am sure that there are a lot of left handed people who use there right hand for mice.

Try the mx310. Nearly as good gaming performance as the 510 and an ambedextrous design. Great for both righ and left handed use. Really cheap now, too.

omg that mouse is sweet! i certainly love my mx510 but if that gets released at a reasonable price i might have to try it out. also, i love the idea of the custom weights and buttons. i dont know what the onboard memory would be for but its still an awesome looking mouse!

I only use 1 kind of mouse and I just cant see spending more than $30 on a mouse.

I personally hate the shape and the layout of all the logitechs.

these are what I use and I love them, they are great for gaming to and pretty cheap and they take a beating.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826105148

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826105122

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=200401

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=211216

Yup, buy razer mice and you will become a better gamer, guaranteed!
Seriously though, LEDs in the mouse are simply distracting. You aren't going to notice a tangible difference between a <$30 intellimouse from microsoft and 1000dpi razer. It's all placebo. Ergonomics are by far the most important part of mouse design.

gastro54 said:
Seriously though, LEDs in the mouse are simply distracting. You aren't going to notice a tangible difference between a <$30 intellimouse from microsoft and 1000dpi razer. It's all placebo. Ergonomics are by far the most important part of mouse design.
which is why i love my mx510, the shape is like so perfect for me cause im right handed.....the buttons are in the perfect places as well.

gastro54 said:

not really ... i have to disagree .. i tried out a razor at a lan and the teflon feet make this thing glide on clean wood .. i just felt a difference .. will it make you a better gamer NO !! will it react faster and more accuratley YES .. . jus my 2 cents ..

I like the design of the mx series, and I like buttons :D, But I am right handed, I was just standing up for the lefties..Also I don't like how the light shows.

Once you go with a razer, you won't go back. After getting numerous kills just by being able to move my crosshair faster(solid knows this), I was sure it wasn't just me.

As for LEDs being distracting, I look at my monitor, not at my mouse and all mouses have LEDs except for ballmouse. and you WILL notice a difference between a crap mouse and a Nice 1600dpi Gaming Mouse.

-1cem4n

Back