• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pump undervolting question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 50z is already very quiet. You don't want to undervolt that as it will seriously hamper performance with little or no noise savings. Not to mention that a pump draws a lot more wattage than a fan does and could overload your controller depending on how many watts it can handle.

voigts said:
The 50z is already very quiet. You don't want to undervolt that as it will seriously hamper performance with little or no noise savings. Not to mention that a pump draws a lot more wattage than a fan does and could overload your controller depending on how many watts it can handle.

I consider my 50z loud. They draw 9w, probably 12 or so on starting.

I wouldn't undervolt a pump like that--but that's just me. If noise is your problem, insulate it with some neoprene/foam.

I have an MCP600 and an MCP650 in my current rig, the MCP600 is basically the same as the 50Z and the MCP 650 is a Lang/DD D4.

I tried undervolting them to see what they would handle, and found the DD D4 will go down to 6 volts quite happily, but the 50Z/MCP600 stalls at less than 10 volts.

Back