• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Totally ansy, getting my XP-120 heatsink/fan today, what can i do with this 640

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mr_Fuchs

Disabled
Fedex should be here any minute, waiting for that XP-120 (with retention clips) .. what kind of OC's are you guys getting with the 640 on this ? i was able to dance at 4.17 for about an hour at a time with stock cooling but have been running stock speed for the most part.

congrats on your 640 and XP-120...if you put a panaflo fan or some high performing fan on the 120, you should be able to hit 4Ghz plus. im lucky im actually getting 3.3ghz out of 2.4C on my stock heatsink...dammit, i want a thermalright so bad...

and most 640's ive seen are able to go past 4Ghz easily...

Im running the 640 at 3.9Ghz on a Coolermaster HSF at stock vcore voltage. Idle temps aroung 29 - 32C.

Max load around 55C. I havent tried to clock it more but I probably will this weekend.

i had this setup for a little over a month now, and have been impressed with the performance, but as you can see stock for the most part, and its good you mentioned stock vcore, because i'm not going to be touching that for a while.

i am at 4Ghz with my 650 on a 120 with panaflow, it is rock solid, on stock volts, i am pretty sure it will go higher but i am happy for now.....

ok back at my custom point at 4.17 (stock volts the way to be!) played a few rounds of UT,----

SAD FACT:

at 4.17ghz my temps are 15 degrees cooler than the 3.2 at stock (with the intel fan)

Last edited:
Back