• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some details abt Pentium-III 533mhz CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mongoled

Hi peeps,

need some oldskool info. What sort of overclocks can I expect from this chip? Its quite hot hear in Cyprus. The mthbrd is an MS6199VA, VIA chipset. I need to update the bios, but i saw some info tht it was a mobo with many overclking options (for that era!!).

Would very much apprecaite some input

mong

The old school can not help you , with the boxed heatsing there is nothing that you can do .
Third party coolers!!
Well the market is dry .
My advice just forget about OC , other than that this chip will do the job for you at every basic windows aplication .

533 used a 133bus. back then, not much was made that could push past 150, so expect maybe 600mhz. also, your agp/pci will be out of spec (75/37.5), not all devices will tolerate even that little bit of fluctuation from spec.

I dont' suppose you'd know if it was a 533B or 533EB that you have? the E's got better overclocks than the plain B's, though again, the bus limit is what will stop you.

Well first of all thanxs for the replies,

I made a mistake thinkin it was a 533mhz CPU, it is actually a 500mhz CPU. Ive tried changing multiplier settings in bios but it stays locked at 500mhz. I will try to change fsb and see if i get anything out of it

all desktop P3's are locked.

is it a slot 1 CPU? E? again, there was the Katmai based, which intel stopped making at 600mhz, and the coppermine, which lived to about 1Ghz before Tualatin took over. Coppermine's overclocked very well, most easily took 133FSB from 100.

Know Nuttin said:
all desktop P3's are locked.

is it a slot 1 CPU? E? again, there was the Katmai based, which intel stopped making at 600mhz, and the coppermine, which lived to about 1Ghz before Tualatin took over. Coppermine's overclocked very well, most easily took 133FSB from 100.

thanxs for tht info,

will have to leave it as it is

I did make it to 149 with a P3 800 that ran at 900 for a week with no problems. I found a low price on a 1.2G Tualatin but I don't have my hopes up of getting the fsb that high again. That would be 1.35G if it did :cool: The board is an ASUS TUA266, if you can get ahold of one they accept DDR266 which allows you a little edge on the dimms. Remeber that your FSB is still 133 so it's not as fast as FSB266 P4s.

Back