• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualatins In Database

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Stealth said:
when can wee see some benches on the northwood's? I can't wait!! I nedd an upgrade.hehehe

Sorry - wait until Intel launches it. I won't violate the NDA anymore.

Stealth said:
Thats great if you have a slot, I have a socket 370(Abit VH6-II what are the odds on an adapter for a 370 to a 370-T

They said they are working on a socket adapter compatible with even some BX boards.

deez said:

Powerleap has already come out with a tualatin slot adapter and they say they are working on a socket adapter presently to allow even old BX boards like the BP6 to work with tualatin

-----------FROM POWERLEAP FORUM----------

I'm using the Abit-BH6 and the PL-iP3/T (w/1.13GHz Tualatin P-III CPU) NOW to post this message, so it's not a vapourware.
http://www.powerleap.com/Products/iP3T.htm

We love so much about the Tualatin Core based Celeron (1.2GHz and up), thanks to AMD's powerful new Morgan-core based Duron, Intel's added the L2-Cache to 256KB and keeps the price quite affordable. It's kind of irresistable not to design a Socket-370 based upgrade adapter (advanced Neo). Please stay tuned.

Cheers,

Paul at Powerleap

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw Paul is forum moderator

My BH6 only has the 1/3 divisor at 133FSB. I wonder if that means Paul is overclocking his whole machine to run the 1.13GHz processor. I think it uses 133FSB...?

Hey TC, that are a nice SiSoft results there :).

Are those results from the chip you bought the other day? Or you find new ones?

Can hardly wait to get my new mobo (Iwill DVD266u) with the VIA Apollo Pro266T Chipset.

If you want to run a Tualatin you'll need to use the 815EP B stepping, Apollo Pro133T or Apollo Pro266T chipsets. Or wait for the Powerleap adapter.:D

Mictlan said:
Hey TC, that are a nice SiSoft results there :).

Are those results from the chip you bought the other day? Or you find new ones?

Can hardly wait to get my new mobo (Iwill DVD266u) with the VIA Apollo Pro266T Chipset.

If you want to run a Tualatin you'll need to use the 815EP B stepping, Apollo Pro133T or Apollo Pro266T chipsets. Or wait for the Powerleap adapter.:D

These are the ones I got awhile ago.

DeepScience said:

My BH6 only has the 1/3 divisor at 133FSB. I wonder if that means Paul is overclocking his whole machine to run the 1.13GHz processor. I think it uses 133FSB...?

Will ask Paul and see if I get a response...although their forum is kinda slow. I drop in every once and a while as i'm currently using their neo s370 on my bp6

Mictlan said:
Are yu cooling them with the stock HSF? With aircooling? Or with watercooling?

Alpha PAL 6035's with delta 38 fans. They run about 97F under full load. - 1.7 core voltage.

Haven't you tried with watercooling? Or with a Peltier? With the low heat they generate a small pelt can eaisly be putted over a Tualatin.

I did the following to my PIII850E. I used a 52 W peltier with a coolermaster copper heatsink (50mm square) with a Topmotor 50*50*25 mm fan and are achieving around 34-38°C when crunching SETI, and when the other day SETI stopped while I wasn't tending my computer, the temperatures when just to around 22°C.....so if you really don't want to be overcooling your CPU you could easily use one of this small peltiers.

Back