• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ADA3000DAA4BW vs ADA3000DAA4BP???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
Okay, I see that the Venice ADA3000DAA4BP is E3, and the Venice ADA3000DAA4BW is E6. The E6 is supposedly the newer revision.

Now look at this:
ADA3000DAA4BP
ADA3000DAA4BW

The E3 says 70C max temp, and the E6 says 65C max temp. That's the only diffence other than the stepping. In comparision with the Winchester (ADA3000DIK4BI), the Winnie says stepping D0 and voltage is 1.40v instead of 1.35-1.40v like the Venice. Okay, I thought Venice was E0... where did E3 and E6 come from? Yes, I need help. Make it brief if you don't wanna spend 10 hours. I'll try to understand.

I ask b/c I already bought the ADA3000DAA4BP from ewiz and it is the YBBLE 0524. It didn't really outperform my old CBBFD Winnie, and I'm looking to find a better OCer... Yes, I know I'll need to buy a few times b4 I find a good one, but should I buy the ADA3000DAA4BP or the ADA3000DAA4BW? The BW (E6) is supposedly newer than the BP (E3), but I don't know how it clocks compared to the BP, and what's NEWER about it anyways?

There never was an E0, all the latest AMD chips are of E revision, but each "sub-type" CPU has a revision number. The first Venice was E3, this new revision is E6, it has some bugs fixed, and supposedly a memory controller which is even more tweaked.

I'm not sure about its overclockability, but in general, the rule of thumb newer revisions overclock better than older revisions.
Also regarding the max case temps there's an interesting thread that I've started, and what I and Petr have found that some Venices are rated for 55C, some are 57C, that's why the latest AMD chips say "Variable" temps and vcores on 'em.

From the limited E6's I have seen, they seem to be comparable to an 0517...which is a good thing :santa:

I guess I'll try out a BW then... for a few more bux...

The newer one is the ADA3000DAA4BW... just look for that, or go to the links I provided in my first post to see the retail box coding as well.

Ewiz has it too.

Back