• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why wont the svideo work? i wanna hook up my tv

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

umm ya with my 9800 pro->xt, i hooked up the svideo to composite adapter and my tv worked perfectly, now with my 6600gt, it doesnt even show i have multiple displays in the display settings wtf? do i have to do something to enable the svideo out?

Right click desktop- settings- advanced- geforce 6600gt -nView display settings
Where it says "nView Display mode" select clone. It should auto select svideo.
Press apply.
Now a new option should show in the white list to the left called "full screen video". select it and adjust the "full screen device" to the right screen (probably secondary).

Did it help?

no because it doesnt show up, itll show up if i check the force detect tv, but no picture shows up

dualdisplay3mo.jpg

That is strange. Auto detect of sec. screen has worked on all nv cards I've owned. What drivers do you use? Have you tried reinstall of drivers?
Is the cable between card and tv working? Do you have another one to test with?
Is svideo selected for the input on your tv(If you tv has multiple input options on the same scart)?

it worked fine with my 9800 pro (which died) the cable should work fine, the tv is connected to composite, which is connected to the svideo through an adapter (which worked with my 9800 pro)

ive tried the latest (77.72 or whatever and im using the 66.86 ones now, or whatever)

Let me see if I get this right:
pc>svideo---->adapter>--->composite in tv

Do you use the r9800 adapter?

Did your gf6600gt come with it's own svideo-composite adapter? If so, try that and a plain composite cable from that to the tv.

im using the 9800 pro one, the 6600gt didnt have one

i tried force and the clone and dual view will show up, but nothing gets displayed on the tv

As far as I can see there is only to options then.
1. Your "tv out" is not working
2. The adapter you took from the 9800 is not "pinned-out" in the same way as the nv card. Can your TV take a svideo signal directly?
If not, see if you can get hold of another adapter from a local pc store or something. One that was built for nv cards.

nah tv doesnt have svideo

both are 7 pin s video (just like the 9800 pro)

Bboy_Jon said:
nah tv doesnt have svideo

both are 7 pin s video (just like the 9800 pro)

If your video out has more than 4 pins it's most likely a proprietary pinout. Normal Svideo has only 4 pins. What brand is your 6600gt. Is it a vivo card? does it support hdtv out?

ive got the same problem with my 6800gt. my 5900xt worked great, but i plug the s-video cable in on this one, and i dont even get an option for duel or clone.

yup thats the same as mine, ghetto bs, u try force tv? it doesnt work for me

xfx said i have to connect the tv directly, without an adapter, i emailed them to make sure and if its true that is seriously GAY

Huh? Let me get this right. They said that to get composite-out from your card the tv should be connected directly? To the 7pin-tvport?

heres what they emailed

You need to connect to TV directly via S-video cable.

so it has to be directly connected, svideo to svideo, problem is my tvs dont have svideo!

after asking if i could use an adapter they said

Because we did not manufacture the adapter; therefore the format may not be
compatible with our card.

thats ghetto, so any 3rd party svideo to composite wont work how lame is that

Hmmm, all the gfx card makers should be forced to include adapters with their cards.

seriously, not many people have tvs with svideo out (none of mine do but my big 56 inch screen)

thats so gay if adapters arent supported

Back